News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

MTG Plugin installation issue

Started by Blackstarr678, November 11, 2014, 11:52:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Murb

Thanks Vhladd. That's really helpful. I'll try and do more tests from there. That really is a great help.

Vhladd

You're welcome Murb, just glad I can be of help.   ;)

Gangrel RUN/BZH

Hi,

Same issue "Error: timed out while updating the plugin."
Can we update the plugin manually with a zip file ?

Keenofeye

Bump. Still looking for resolution as well. If there is a better way to contact the plug-in creator please let us know here, thanks. Appreciate everyone whos still looking into this.

eurpides

Well, I've been having the same problem as everyone else. As a work-around, I've manually recreated many of the files for the plug-in by following the links listed in the updatelist.txt. As long as you make the .txt and .xml files, things seem to be working.

It's a little time consuming, but as long as you put the updatelist.txt in the plug-in folder, most of the card images download appropriately.

This did NOT fix the timeout issue with the updater.

Baloden

Baloden

It did not start doing this until I updated my Windows 7 laptop.

CrazyChucky

I'm having the same issue, though it's not what I noticed at first. Without reinstalling or to my knowledge changing anything, one day when I got on Lackey, some cards (mostly from M15 and Khans) that had been working fine previously now had no images. My friends and I playing all started experiencing the problem at the same time, though different ones of us are missing different images.

Trying to reinstall the plugin gets the timeout error others have mentioned, but I can access the update list and seemingly all mentioned files (including images) just fine in a web browser.

Even if the downloads aren't working, how in the world could I have lost image files I had previously? I checked, they're not there on my hard drive in their sets' image folders.

I don't know if this is relevant, but perusing the image folders, other sets have their images as "###.jpg", but Khans and M15 have "temp###.jpg". I've never looked through the image folders before so I have no idea if that's normal.

Trevor

If someone wants to pm me their instant message contact info I can troubleshoot with you. I don't know if this is a bug or a mistake with a plugin (or the plugin's web host).

Bort

it looks like the site that is hosting the plugin, siegescg.com, is not working properly right now. I put the updatelist.txt file on another site temporarily and it works again, so the problem must be with with his website, but i dont know what it is exactly. i'm not sure how i can fix the issue unless the guy who let me host it at his site can figure it out, or if someone else can host the plugin.

if you have a website, can give me ftp access, and are willing to host the mtg plugin, please pm me.

topromen

MrX

I am curently having the same problems as shown before... I may be willing to send you (Trevor) a IM to trouble shoot...

Plus i think i may have found a problem...

http://www.siegescg.com/magicthegathering/high/updatelist.txt

at the top it says "magic   11-09-14"
my question is, is that refering to a date as in DD-MM-YY or MM-DD-YY

Murb

I haven't been able to figure out what was wrong. I thought maybe the website was locking out specific regions, but another member mentioned he was in South Florida which is different than my BC, Canada... So that can't be it... Not even sure what to try or even think of next...

MrX

Well I have the problem and i live in England, so it isn't a region problem...

Baloden

Have you people found out the problem yet?