News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Review, advice and some help needed :)

Started by Koziu, July 20, 2014, 11:10:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Koziu

Hi all  :)
Since this is my first post on LackeyCCG forum - I welcome you all.
My name is Bartek and for some time now I have been working on (quess what?) a card game. I have made some testing with my friends and the mechanic looks good. Soon I will present it to you in the appropriate forum, hoping for some good feedback.

But now - the graphics.
I would like you to see this (version 5 or so) "character template':

And now for the review, advice and some help needed :D
Review and advice: All suggestions are welcome. If you have any questions about the current layout - feel free to ask them (I hope that the only symbol that require some explanation is the 3 in the bottom right corner - it is a number used when "drawing random number" from the deck - this stat is called [Fate] in my mechanics).

What is changing upon different factions? Faction Crest and "dominant color". For example the Goblin Faction is mostly colored in red, while the Undead in purple. My question is also this: Is the color / faction symbol change sufficient (I beleive it is, but I would like to know your oppinion).

Of course the picture and the faction crest is taken from deviantart as a placeholder... and now the help needed part :)
Is there anyone here who is williing to prepare for me some faction crests? I tried to make one myself - but the effects are so bad that no one should see it ;)

Thank you in advance for any suggestions and help,
Bartek

Trevor

I don't think the card title will fit with long card names with the current font. I don't think all caps is very efficient space-wise. Use something like Times. In general, that's a pretty clean design. I'd add in collector info, such as rarity, card number (like 001/300), and a set icon.

Check out the template design section of http://lackeyccg.com/ccgdesign.html

Maybe use ability icons, such as one for bodyguard. Try to make terms be more general than bodyguard. I would use a word like "defender" or "protector". If you ever wanted to add that to a castle or something else that wouldn't make sense as a bodyguard.