News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

[SUGGESTION] Loading ANY deck to a player

Started by Shadeful, November 15, 2013, 01:41:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadeful

Hello there! Long time user of Lackey and MTG player Shadeful reporting in. :]

I am often playing preconstructed decks with friends and strangers (the decks I made and that are made to be matches against each other with very fair matchups, creating some mini-metagame) and I wish "Load Recent Deck" Function allowed me to chose more decks or was displaying properly when there are a lot of decks to load from. I have find myself a temporary fix, If I have to load a deck to someone, if it's not in Recent Decks list I save it in deck editor and then it appears at the top.

But still I wish I could just click "Load deck to player..." and then a browse window that allows me to check my deck folder for MtG plugin for a deck I'm about to load.

To the curious how I make people chose decks, I prepare a board with tokens and give them notes that are the deck names. I save the game and then if a player comes I tell him that each token represents a deck (But it doesn't mean that if there is a Elemental token, it's an Elemental Tribal deck!) and sometimes doesn't show the colors (artifact tokens) plus I place counters on them to tell players if the deck they're about to choose is hard to play for beginners. People enjoy it and have tons of fun so If you could Trevor, please fullfil my wish and implement that albeit simple thingy to the Lackey :]

Cheers!

Trevor

You just need to open the deck to get it to the recent deck menu. That's not such a problem IMO. And the alternative change to the interface would be a change for the worse I think, since it would complicate an altready necessarily complicated interface.

There are other ways to load decks to people though . You can do this with a log function. But IMO it's probably fastest to just have the deck in your recent deck list, which I would imagine it is more often than not. And in the case it isn't, loading it will take only a few seconds more.