News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Deleting cards in play

Started by AuraDragon, September 25, 2013, 01:31:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AuraDragon

How do I make any card cease to exist?  For example in Magic there is a thing called a "Stack" where the currently active abilities are waiting their turn to resolve, and when I play I try to visually represent these abilities using copies of cards, however afterwards I cannot remove the card-form ability when they resolve. :o

Trevor

Quote from: Snoogy on September 25, 2013, 01:31:45 AM
How do I make any card cease to exist?  For example in Magic there is a thing called a "Stack" where the currently active abilities are waiting their turn to resolve, and when I play I try to visually represent these abilities using copies of cards, however afterwards I cannot remove the card-form ability when they resolve. :o
Copies of cards aren't meant to be so impermanent. You could always drag the cards to an unused zone.
Or you could avoid actually cloning cards and instead use arrows or other drawing, or move the card itself.

Now that you mention it, I think it would be a good idea to make some sort of "shadow" of a card that is easy to spawn and meant to be impermanent. Like, the escape key clears all shadows as it does all drawings. I think that might better suit your purpose. People could use the card "shadow" to indicate the action of another card, but the "shadow" would never be seen as an actual card. I think this would be useful for games with complex card states where one card is stack around a bunch of other cards and you wouldnt want to move it around willy nilly, yet it would be nice to show what that card is affecting while keeping the actual card in place.

Trevor

Posting a version of lackey in a few minutes. Draw an arrow from a card and hold the SHIFT key while you do. You'll see a shadow of the card on the head of the arrow.