LOADING SAVED GAME DOESN'T WORK - Version 1 (0.0.1d1) MAC OS X 10.6

Started by bunz, July 17, 2013, 11:36:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bunz

Hey  :)

I've got a problems maybe the last 3 versions - I thought it is about I work from download-directory but also in programm-directory so the right place I cannot load saved games.
This is the LOG-Message:
"Error loading saved game. Make sure your 'saved' directry is present"

=> it is present ! ... also the Permissions are rw for owner and read for others. Lackey runs under owner... this is also for the present saved directory
=> Also there is no exotic path ... it is the original ..

I tested to remove the present autosaveX.txt and savedgame.txt ... than saved again ... so I got new files => (auto)saving works ! But loading doesn't ...

So finally I think this is a real bug - so I post this.

If you fix this bug - maybe take a look to my other Posts and Ideas about to help developers to build addons.

Maybe you can replace AutoSaveX.txt by one file per zone. Additionally you can put in unixtimestamps - so addons can trac the game.
This is good for several thinks and also a good design pattern.
You could also easily a sync function with this file for several things (in and/or out) - thats the same function like load/save ... but triggert on timeslots.
Thats not so much work - others don't notice this - but I can do interesting things to boost up your great work  :-* ;D

bunz

because this is a big problem when the server crashed: Please fix it immediately  :-[

Trevor

I just fixed this. Haven't posted the new version yet.

Regarding addons, I can't really comment on that unless you tell me what the proposed addon would do.