New version of Lackey soon to be official. Please test it!

Started by Trevor, April 21, 2013, 06:11:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wolfiejim

hey either i'm being slow or i can't find the plugin finder, just hte load plugin by url thing. (which is annoying considering i have to manually type it in)
is it coming back, or am i just not seeing the app.

MadderMardigan

Getting "ID_INCOMPATIBLE_PROTOCOL_VERSION" when trying to connect to server.  If I click connect again, I get a pop-up saying I'm already connected.  Moments later, my connection is severed. 

Minzd

Server seems to be up and running.  I noticed that if I clicked "connect to server" I get the same error mardigan did, but if you read the instructions on how to connect to the new client, it works just fine.

Alastair

It's because the current "official" server is using the old stable version. The version everyone's testing at present needs to use the connection method outlined in the first post until this because "official".

Tigt

Hey, posting a crash report for a friend of mine. He's been having this issue with this topic's test build of Lackey, but reportedly also had the same issues for older versions, so it's not related to the rewrite here.

LackeyCCG Version: This thread, 5/22/13
OS & Computer Specs

In his words:
QuoteSo I click it to start it up, a command prompt-esque window opens up just saying "you can minimized this, it's visible while I'm debugging", then the Windows standard "this program has stopped working, Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available" error shows up
the older version just didn't have the command prompt window, but the same error

Trevor

Quote from: Tigt on May 22, 2013, 09:08:48 PM
Hey, posting a crash report for a friend of mine. He's been having this issue with this topic's test build of Lackey, but reportedly also had the same issues for older versions, so it's not related to the rewrite here.

LackeyCCG Version: This thread, 5/22/13
OS & Computer Specs

In his words:
QuoteSo I click it to start it up, a command prompt-esque window opens up just saying "you can minimized this, it's visible while I'm debugging", then the Windows standard "this program has stopped working, Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available" error shows up
the older version just didn't have the command prompt window, but the same error
I'd appreciate it if this person were to talk to me in skype or AIM or some other IM client so I could investigate it with him.

Minzd

For the past hour and a half, I've been disconnected from both the old client and new client about 30 seconds after I log on everytime I connect.  There's only 3 people on the new server and no games, but I'm still getting the "are you still connected?  For Realz?!?" message within a minute or connecting.

Trevor

I am looking for some windows user to test the new lackey. (I haven't posted the mac version yet.)
Please download the new windows version of lackey, connect to the server, and run the "do I need proxy server to host" test. Please let me know what it tells you.

Burst

There was some crazy lag on the field to enter the server ip address.
Every other application running was responding fine, but it took me about 2 minutes to type the address into the field.

Once I got it though, I connected fine.  I'm the only player so nothing happened.

I need to go read through the previous posts though to see what's going on with plugins.  I was able to copy my old magic plugin folder but I couldn't download or create one.  I assume that's user error as I didn't really investigate, I simply unzipped, opened and went to preferences but from there no joy.

Trevor

Quote from: Burst on May 28, 2013, 09:10:09 PM
There was some crazy lag on the field to enter the server ip address.
Every other application running was responding fine, but it took me about 2 minutes to type the address into the field.

Once I got it though, I connected fine.  I'm the only player so nothing happened.

I need to go read through the previous posts though to see what's going on with plugins.  I was able to copy my old magic plugin folder but I couldn't download or create one.  I assume that's user error as I didn't really investigate, I simply unzipped, opened and went to preferences but from there no joy.
Try to replicate that input lag again and let me know what triggers it.

Trevor

Quote from: MadderMardigan on May 22, 2013, 11:27:59 AM
Getting "ID_INCOMPATIBLE_PROTOCOL_VERSION" when trying to connect to server.  If I click connect again, I get a pop-up saying I'm already connected.  Moments later, my connection is severed.
That means you are probably using the wrong port number and connecting to the OLD server. Either that, or you arent using the new dlls.

wolfiejim

Quote from: Trevor on May 28, 2013, 06:46:56 PM
I am looking for some windows user to test the new lackey. (I haven't posted the mac version yet.)
Please download the new windows version of lackey, connect to the server, and run the "do I need proxy server to host" test. Please let me know what it tells you.
no one was on the new server and i tested the "do i need proxy server to host" button. worked just fine

Trevor

Quote from: wolfiejim on May 29, 2013, 10:42:03 PM
Quote from: Trevor on May 28, 2013, 06:46:56 PM
no one was on the new server and i tested the "do i need proxy server to host" button. worked just fine
What did it tell you, and do you believe that to be a correct result?

wolfiejim

i can do it again if you need the exact words, but it told me i need to use the proxy server with my settings.

Alastair

Trevor's looking for somebody who does not need to use the proxy to do the test.