New version of Lackey soon to be official. Please test it!

Started by Trevor, April 21, 2013, 06:11:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saethori

Quote from: Trevor on April 22, 2013, 04:00:36 AM
What port in what email? I don't know what you're referring to.

Those who have forum accounts set up to receive announcements by e-mail were each sent out one such e-mail, which was effectively a carbon copy of the announcment as it was originally posted.

Judging from the fact that the opening post has a edit timestamp, it has been changed since the e-mails were sent out. But this change can't be reflected in the e-mail, so people set to get announcements by e-mail were all accidentally given a typo'd port.

I haven't personally tested the new version, myself. I don't actually play games on Lackey often, so all I need to do is update the plugin I'm in charge of to take advantage of changes.

remyegusku

The new Lackey is crashing whenever I attempt to launch it.  The finder offer's the following message, which I've attached.

I'm running Mac OS X, 10.6.8.

Thanks

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

holliday88

Quote from: remyegusku on April 22, 2013, 04:26:48 PM
The new Lackey is crashing whenever I attempt to launch it.  The finder offer's the following message, which I've attached.

Thanks

Yep, same one I get.

XoVeR

So I have connected to the server and that went smooth.  The deck creation is still a bit wonky.  I can now click the other cards other than the first card but when I search for a card if I try to delete the search by doing anything but "clear" it still does not allow me to run the search for cards. 

Also the sounds are not working for me at all, but that maybe something you want on purpose during testing.

eli124

Quote from: holliday88 on April 22, 2013, 07:59:40 PM
Quote from: remyegusku on April 22, 2013, 04:26:48 PM

Thanks

Yep, same one I get.

I got the same one as well.

VacantShadeGames

The program is crashing for me as well, although I am running a Windows XP.
Command Line opens and reports a string of errors (mostly it can't find files), and Lackey appears on the Taskbar and Task Manager. It creates an empty window, but after a substantial amount of time, nothing happens. A quick look at the Task Manager reveals it's eating up CPU, and holds at about 35,000k memory.

I've attached a copy of the Command Line report.

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

Nava

oops posted the report in the wrong thread... :-\.

Just played a few games with the new version of Lackey (Mac OS X 10.7.5, Lackey 04-21-13). Here are some of my observations:

• If no card image is available, Lackey used to show a text box with the card infos (without checking the "Text" checkbox); this does not work at the moment
  • Lackey does not honor keyboard settings and there is no way to switch keyboard layout from qwerty to e.g. qwertz (I tried different fonts to check for missing glyphs)
  • If I activate a filter in the deck builder and switch from "contains" to "is" Lackey stops responding to Mouse/Keyboard input - can close the main window though.
  • Can't save games nor will Lackey autosave

Trevor

Quote from: XoVeR on April 21, 2013, 10:31:19 PM
I am having problems with the deck creation. 
I am using the magic plugin and if I misstype the spelling of the card and press backspace to change a letter it will not allow me to look for the card without clearing the whole field first with the clear button.  If I clear it using delete or backspace it still will not allow me to search for a card.  Also I cannot click on a card if it is not the first card listed to highlight it to add to my deck, it will not let me highlight it to do so.  Could be minor but it can also be annoying during deck creation having to type the name of each card correctly and hope the first card listed is the printed version you want to use in your deck.
I fixed that bug with the quick search field.
I don't see what you mean with the clicking on a the field. So you are left clicking a card in the library of cards to select it, and this does nothing unless the card is the first card in the list? I am not able to reproduce that.

DrQwerty

The listview of the desk editor run so fucking fast <3
In saturday I will start a custom skin.

AuraDragon

Operating System: Windows 7 64bit
Resolution: 1366 x 768
Graphics: ATI Catalyst Controls, 5800 series

When Lackey starts for the first time, the top of the window is outside my screen making me unable to move the window or even change tabs with the mouse, I managed to move the window with my keyboard and continued.

After loading a plugin from file for the first time, right after starting Lackey for the first time, the top of the contents inside the window was chopped off, resizing the window fixes this.

Then I noticed that the playing field wasn't entirely visible, so I pressed the + button to expand (even though it was already expanded?) the top popout menu to fix that, and then I noticed the bottom popout menu was also already expanded even though the button was looking like it a + as well.

These errors are not recreatable without reinstalling the test version of Lackey.

Quote from: DrQwerty on April 23, 2013, 08:54:05 PM
^This so much!

DrQwerty

The search function is a mess in this version
Sometimes work, sometimes no and sometimes block the entire GUI.

Trevor

Quote from: DrQwerty on April 23, 2013, 08:54:05 PM
In saturday I will start a custom skin.
Not sure what you mean by fast exactly.

If you make a cool custom skin, let me know. The current one looks pretty weak and was just a proof of concept. All the code should be working but I am missing good image components.

AuraDragon

Quote from: Trevor on April 25, 2013, 12:32:35 AM
Not sure what you mean by fast exactly.

He means that the card being displayed in the deck editor updates at a much higher rate than previously, especially when you whip your mouse up or down the list of cards.  And as a matter of fact, the entire program seems a lot more responsive and "faster" than before.

I know this because I experienced the same thing.

DrQwerty

Can you add "tiled backgrounds" support?
Would be nice to see.

AuraDragon

Lackey crashes at startup if you remove the last used plugin (the one it opens on startup).

Lackey also locks up (it doesn't crash and windows doesn't say it's not responding, also the dropdown selections still highlight when I mouse over them) when I try to change a type of search filter like "Name contains" to another that is below the original type like "Text contains".