News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

A community card game (Gathering)

Started by Jack72, March 11, 2013, 02:57:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack72

Hello everybody, I have a great idea that we could make and play a card game made by the community together. Alot of people in this community talk about the many aspacts of CCG so lets use our knowlegde and skill to create something special and fun.

There will be multiple threads on this if this goes, this one is for gathering people who would be interested in this project, the code name of this project is "Sky Blue".

I have many CCG experience, I've done fan sets for both MTG and Universal Fighting System, and played MTG, UFS, Pokemon, L5R, and Shadow Era.

This is just a project that I think that could be really fun ;D.

MLaRF

I'd probably join depending on the idea, now that I have a new tablet I can help volunteer my time to artwork and it would be a nice way to get to meet you guys!
But yeah, perhaps you could tell us what idea you have thought up, or do you intend to gather people so that we can brainstorm first?

Jack72

Yea I intend people to came and brainstrom.

But I do have an idea, I'm thinking of a multi genre game where there would be different factions fighting for their goals and believes, I'm inspired by the guilds of Ravnica from MTG, I really love the guilds idea but it just mechanics and flavor put in the game, I want a more defined game with that similar aspact, this is also similar to L5R clans.

MLaRF

I'm not quite sure I understand all of what you mean, it seems like you basically said you like the flavour of all the different factions... but the "multi-genre" part did give me a cool idea I'd like to throw in.

What if each deck had a "goal" card that determined that deck's win condition? Like a burn deck would use a goal card that made you win by dealing enough damage, a mill deck whose goal is to deck out, a stall deck whose goal is to last 25 turns, etc. And each goal card would have a bonus effect that would help towards those goals, like the burn deck causing your opponent damage if they decked out, the stall deck reviving one card per turn, etc. It wouldn't exactly be a multi-genre mechanic, but certain decks would be playing one or even two drastically different melodies per game.

Jack72

I like that idea of multi win goals for different factions and I want to make a original ccg but of course have people play it

Turonik

I wouldn't mind giving my 2 cents in. My philosophy on game design is about the same, I love the different factions like in l5r.

As to multi win conditions, I wouldn't go over board with them. I would go with a main one and each faction having a different way of getting there. For example one could excel in blitz(rush), another does swarm, and one can do  hand control. There's always different ways to do things.

And I feel the factions should be well developed where they have their own style and personality. Plus they should have more than just one "focus" as a group, other wise they should just be apart of another faction.

Jack72

Yea I think it would just be safer and simpler to have one win goal, but if we agree on doing factions, what factions should we make? Better yet tho, what about the world and multi genre thing?

Turonik

well I say 2 is fine (many use milling as a lose condition) but you don't have to have that.  and as for factions we need a story first, like what's going on, and then go from there. Secondly, I don't get what you mean by multi genre.

Jack72

Like mixing fantasy, sci fi, modern, cartoonish like creatures.

For story, well first I want to see if we agree on multi genre or not then I'll start with the story.

Turonik

well mixing genres I'm ok with, it just depends on how they fit in the story. I mean it could be fun to have  something like that, you could several factions that form themselves, like one would be purely technological and another focus on just magic, mythical creatures, ect. it's just up to what the kind of story you want based on the game so don't worry about it being several generes or not.

Jack72

Ok then, I'll think of the story then and post it soon :)

Turonik

Ok sounds good. I can help you develop the story as a whole too once you get the base idea came up with.

Jack72

Here some ideas for factions.

"Hero", A group of different types of heroes from all around the world/universe that serve justice and right the wrong, kinda like the avengers or justice league, this faction gameplay may be base on unique creature teamwork with defending minions.

"Eye", A hidden organization that plot to be godlike beings, work in the shadows and control the minds and emotions of others, they would be very good at control but have crappy creatures until very late game, maybe they may even have milling. Similar to Dimir from MTG.

"Esper Nature", Intelligent animals (Not furries like sonic or bugs bunny), that want nature to rule all but they use the earth to due so, like making metal artifacts while using brute force and the powers of natural disaters.They would live in these large metal made temples and have plants infest them. this faction would have a aggro/equipment with some control.

And maybe a religionous faction.

Turonik

Those sound like a nice start but that doesn't really tell us what the over arching story is or world that these people are fighting in. It's like in l5r, the setting is like a fantasy japan and the story is the different factions vying for the throne or defeating some sort of enemy that's in the storyline.

Jack72

I haven't thought much of the story, the factions have their world views but we also need a setting and feel of the game, its going to be multi genre but whatabout the tone, art, and style?

I think we need more people tho, if you could maybe ask some people in lackey if they would like to join in.