News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Zombies!!!

Started by Gordon228, December 25, 2012, 08:29:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gordon228

just wondering if there is a free hosting site around that has storage larger then 40 megs and also wondering if staples or some where close by me can do hi-quality scans if not then this project is for-not and if anyone asks me what sets do i have I HAVE THEM ALL!!!!!!!! MUHAHAHAHAhahahaha. sorry there got my evil on. also i would need some zombie tokens as well as some shotgun guys else this will not work and yes i am willing to go to doom for stuff as temp.

jorch72

Quote from: Gordon228 on December 25, 2012, 08:29:38 PM
just wondering if there is a free hosting site around that has storage larger then 40 megs

If you build the plugin, I can give you more than 40 megs of space for hosting it!!!!
Let me know if you are interested...

Gordon228

sorry for the late post but i am working on it now tho. once i get the first set done aka base box i will zip/rar it and post links here.

Gordon228

i am having problems with multy card backs.
<plugin>

<playerstat>
<label>Zombie Count</label>
</playerstat>

<deckzone>
     <label>Deck</label>
     <gamezonetoloadto>Event Deck</gamezonetoloadto>
     <shuffle>yes</shuffle>
</deckzone>

<deckzone>
     <label>Tile</label>
     <gamezonetoloadto>Tile</gamezonetoloadto>
     <shuffle>yes</shuffle>
</deckzone>

<gamezone>
     <label>Hand</label>
     <visibletoowner>yes</visibletoowner>
     <visibletoothers>no</visibletoothers>
</gamezone>

<gamezone>
     <label>Event Deck</label>
     <isshared>yes</isshared>
</gamezone>

<gamezone>
     <label>Tile</label>
     <isshared>yes</isshared>
</gamezone>

<gamezone>
     <label>Discard</label>
     <visibletoothers>yes</visibletoothers>
     <isshared>yes</isshared>
</gamezone>

<phase><label>Start</label></phase>
<phase><label>Bid</label></phase>
<phase><label>End</label></phase>

<generalfunction>
<label>Deplete Deck</label>
<kind>TRANSFERCARD</kind>
<sourceowner>shared</sourceowner>
<sourcegamezone>Dev Cards</sourcegamezone>
<sourceposition>top</sourceposition>
<destinationgamezone>Discard</destinationgamezone>
<includeasbutton>yes</includeasbutton>
</generalfunction>

<generalfunction>
<label>Draw a Card</label>
<destinationgamezone>hand</destinationgamezone>
</generalfunction>

REUSECARDIMAGES:"yes"

ISALLOWINGMULTIPLECARDBACKS:"yes"

CARDBACK0:"cardback"

</plugin>

dose this look right?

malleck666

Quote from: Gordon228 on April 11, 2013, 10:31:06 PM
i am having problems with multy card backs.
<plugin>

<playerstat>
<label>Zombie Count</label>
</playerstat>

<deckzone>
     <label>Deck</label>
     <gamezonetoloadto>Event Deck</gamezonetoloadto>
     <shuffle>yes</shuffle>
</deckzone>

<deckzone>
     <label>Tile</label>
     <gamezonetoloadto>Tile</gamezonetoloadto>
     <shuffle>yes</shuffle>
</deckzone>

<gamezone>
     <label>Hand</label>
     <visibletoothers>no</visibletoothers>
</gamezone>

<gamezone>
     <label>Event Deck</label>
     <isshared>yes</isshared>
</gamezone>

<gamezone>
     <label>Tile</label>
     <isshared>yes</isshared>
</gamezone>

<gamezone>
     <label>Discard</label>
     <visibletoothers>yes</visibletoothers>
     <isshared>yes</isshared>
</gamezone>

<phase><label>Start</label></phase>
<phase><label>Bid</label></phase>
<phase><label>End</label></phase>

<generalfunction>
<label>Deplete Deck</label>
<destinationgamezone>Discard</destinationgamezone>
</generalfunction>

<generalfunction>
<label>Draw a Card</label>
<destinationgamezone>hand</destinationgamezone>
</generalfunction>

REUSECARDIMAGES:"yes"

ISALLOWINGMULTIPLECARDBACKS:"yes"

CARDBACK0:"cardback"

</plugin>

dose this look right?

Your multiple card back definition should be set up as:
<definition><kind>ISALLOWINGMULTIPLECARDBACKS</kind></definition>

Then simply have a second image name in the carddata file after the first one (separate with a colon).
You should also remove the "CARDBACK" line you have too..

Hope that helps.

Gordon228

i will test it out at some point today.

Edit: still dose not work. :( could it be because the images are different size but i think that should not matter

malleck666

Quote from: Gordon228 on April 14, 2013, 02:07:36 PM
i will test it out at some point today.

Edit: still dose not work. :( could it be because the images are different size but i think that should not matter

Ensure that you REMOVED the areas I said should be changed and make sure that you have separated your filenames in your carddata.txt with a comma. If they are not .jpg then ensure that the filenames have the extension to reflect this.

if this still doesn't work then copy and paste your .txt files here and I'll take a look.

Gordon228

side note the tutorial on the main site dose not list the proper way to do it but thanks to you i got it working

malleck666

Could you show what was incorrect please? Maybe  we can then get Trevor to look it over 

Gordon228

Card Images

I suggest all card images should be in the jpg format. It is the best image format for both image quality and small file size. All references to image files in the card data file's ImageFile column do not need (and should not have) the .jpg suffix because it is implicit. All card images should be the same size (in dimensions), which is the same size (in dimensions) as the cardback.jpg file. An exception to this is horizontal cards, but their width should should still match the height of the cardback.jpg and vice versa.You can have multiple quality versions of your plugin, each with different card sizes/qualities. Since all card images within a quality version must have the same dimensions, you may want to use a utility like photoshop to batch resize them all so their dimensions are identical. Photoshop can also be used to batch edit cards, doing such things as cropping out a black border on the card, thus allowing the important part of the card image to be larger.

Multiple quality versions can be helpful. Computers with smaller monitors or with slow internet connections may want smaller plugins (in dimensions or file size, respectively). And people with larger monitors and fast connections may prefer to have large art. In either case, you should aim for cards to be at least readible from the card image if possible.

You can store all image files in a general folder within the setimages folder, or in a folder named after the set within the setimages folder.

You always need a cardback.jpg and a spawned.jpg in your plugin's /sets/setimages/general/ folder.

You can have multiple card back images if you include ISALLOWINGMULTIPLECARDBACKS:"yes" in your plugininfo.txt file. Add the 2nd image file name after the front image's name with a comma in between. The cell might look like FrontFace,BackFace. If you decide to have some of the cards have unique card backs, not all cards need a unique card back image defined. You are free to mix and match single faced cards (which have the default back) with cards that have unique card backs.

The spawned.jpg is used for missing card images or for blank cards which are spawned to the table.

I think a good card size for a plugin's card image is about 214x308, but it largely depends on the size of the font on your cards, what is legible, and what looks nice. You might want to make 3 sets of images for 3 different qualities: low, medium, and high. It is up to you. Take a look at what sizes other plugins use and see what size works best for your plugin.

the italicized text is the only reference to multy card backs

malleck666

Well try it with the way I stated in my previous post and see if you can get it to work. I think the part of the tutorial you highlighted may just be referencing to its inclusion in Boolean terms... or an oversight...

Gordon228

i did get it working thanks to you so no worries.

malleck666

Glad to hear! look forward to your plugin.

Gordon228