News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

spawned.jpg not used for missing card images

Started by deadgames, July 31, 2012, 01:25:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deadgames

I created a plugin for a card game that I don't have all the cards for. I created a spawned.jpg image, but when I load the plugin in Lackey it shows cardback.jpg for missing images. Do I have to do something else to get the spawned image to be used?

Trevor

The only reason it wouldn't show up is if the file was named wrong or in the wrong place.

It can be in a number of different places, but one place is plugins/PLUGINNAME/sets/setimages/general/spawned.jpg

deadgames

That's the exact path to the file, and it's named correctly. It's the same size as cardback.jpg. Still, Lackey uses only cardback.jpg for cards that don't exist. If I remove cardback.jpg, nothing is shown at all. If I swap the names, I see the spawned card for cardbacks.

The missing cards do have filenames in that column of carddata.txt. I tried removing the filenames for missing cards, but still saw the same behavior. Do I need to specify something about spawned.jpg in either carddata.txt or plugininfo.txt? I'm using the blank "<plugin></plugin>" to make sure the images work before I work on the zones etc.

Ah, I just discovered something. If I click the "View tiled" button in the deck editor, Lackey *does* use spawned.jpg for missing cards. However, the full-size image of the card shows cardback.jpg (with a text box overlayed showing the card's data). Is this the intended behavior?

Trevor

There is a whole bunch of things that could be going on, and I doubt this is actually a bug. If you want, talk to me on an instant messenger and send me your plugin and I can see exactly what the issue is.