News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Gauge Break

Started by yudencow, July 25, 2012, 04:43:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yudencow

The Gauge Card

Each hero has a specific gauge card specifying its assist, hyper and tag finisher. When a hero is not the active one, you can use the assists. These cards kept next to their respective heroes.

The assist ability enters a benched charter into the rail. It does the assist and stays on the rail until the end of your turn.

The hyper ability launches a super attack from the active character.

The tag finisher enters one of the benched heroes for support. The tag finisher effects of both heroes occur.

Build

You still choose 3 hero, 3 dogmas and 60-card deck. The dogmas are small instnant effects.

Force

You start with 1 force. You gain 1 each turn until you have 3. For every successful move, you gain 1 optional force. You continue until you are countered or you don't want anymore. In the end of your turn, the optional force is removed. The permanent force is represented by a platinum die, and the optional mania is represented by the amount of attack cards in the cache slot.

Counters

You can break combos using negating effects and counters to force your opponent to end the combo. You turn starts afterwards. Counter cards can work specifically against a certain type of cards.

Dogmas and hero effects don't count as counters.

Gauge

Every time you attack you gain 2 gauge points, every time you are attacked you gain 1 gauge point. The maximum number of gauge points is 18. The hyper gauge is used to activate effects from the gauge card. Once one it is activated, it removes points from the gauge equal to its cost. The current gauge is represented with gold die.

Hyper   Points Required to Activate
Assist=6
Hyper   =12
Tag Finisher=18

Switching

Switching is placing your active hero with a benched one. You can switch on your turn at any point, and it will instantly end your turn.

Card Types

There are 3 main types of cards: attack, counter and service. Attack cards are used to generate combos, counter cards are used to stop them and service cards are used to give players an edge.

Fall Tokens

Every time a hero is killed it receives a fall token. If a hero receives 3 fall tokens, it is switched immediately with a hero from your bench which not has 5 fall tokens. If you have no heroes to switch with you are eliminated.

Victory Condition

Pin Fall = take down all enemy heroes.

Elimination Condition

Submission = your deck is empty.

Setup

A. All players reveal together their heroes and dogmas.
B. Choose an active hero.
C. Place it on anywhere on the rail.
D. Place the other heroes in their slots.
E. Place the heroes' gauge cards.
F. Shuffle your deck.
G. Determine order*.
H. Set your permanent mania to 1.
I. Draw 7 cards.

*. Determine Order:
A. Draw the first card of the deck.
B. Higher cost wins.
C. Put it in the bottom of your Deck.
D. Retry ties.

Ready Phase

A. Discharge your dogmas and active hero.
B. Place all the cards in the cache in the incubator.
C. Add 1 permanent mania to yourself until you got 3.
D. Draw cards until you have 7 in your hand.

Set Phase

A. You may revive 1 card to your hand.
B. Go up to 1 space with your active hero.

*. First Turn & Round Penalties:
A. If you are the first one, skip the Go Phase.
B. In the first round, target only players who had played.

Go Phase

A. Play cards from your hand until you are countered.
B. Counters follow the effect chain rules.
C. Dogmas and hero effects don't count as counters.
D. Every card's cost must be up to the current force.
E. Counters must be as well.
F. Add 1 optional force for every un-countered attack.
G. Add 2 gauge for every un-countered attack.
H. Add 1 gauge if you were hit without countering.
I. You may switch at any time.
J. Switching would end your turn.
K. You may use gauge abilities at any time.
L. You may activate hero abilities at any time.
M. You may charge your dogma cards at any time.
N. Counter-effects must have greater speed.
O. Other players can chain dogmas and hero abilities.
P. You may turn your hero airborne for 1 gauge.

*. Last Chance:
A. If someone is declared victorious, finish that round.
B. If the victorious had been eliminated, continue.
C. If others are also victorious, they enter sudden death.
D. Sudden death is first player to gain 1 glory wins.

3XXXDDD

yudencow

The name is because i like it more than doctrine. They are there to shw that the battle is more fluid, and while not alwyas able to counter, you can still hinder you opponent's advance.

Any other input?

3XXXDDD

I'm still confused, how does "Dogma" depict a "fluid" battle? Dogma & Fluid don't really exist unless Dogma is something relating to the person belief of the Hero cards.

yudencow

It's just a name. The dogma card ahs 2 effects, 1 offensive and 1 defensive. Basically it is for extanding combos or impending enemy combos.

Do you have any insights on anything else, and what is you general opinion about the game?

yudencow

I also have this idea called arenas. That a certain location might give you bonuses but there might be hazards there. How do you think I should pull it off?

yudencow

This is what I came up with regarding arenas:

Before the match, the sides agree on an arena. An arena is made out of 3 cards: frontline, midline and backline. There are the same for all players.

The basic arena called "training" has no effect to all rail positions.

Arena cards may have an effect for an attack move which requires a necessary force to activate.

If you are on a certain place on the rail and you are "pushed", the push effect on the arena card kicks in if there is one.

When a trap card is used, it is placed over the arena card of the targeted location. The effects of the arena card are now of that trap card, until it is removed.

yudencow

I removed the dogmas. It left too many options.