News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Community Game

Started by aardvark, January 13, 2010, 01:19:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GnKoichi

May I respectfully suggest that the mechanics & rules teams be combined? I understand now the difference between them functionally, but I do not see a reason to have different people working on them. A single team of three people working on rules & mechanics in concert would likely function better than people working on each separately. The mechanics serve no purpose other than to support a larger rule set, and the rules are empty without core & secondary mechanics.

aardvark

Good idea. I had hoped for a few more people and didn't want things to get cluttered but since there are only 3 people between the teams, and they are so closely related. I don't see why they shouldn't become one.

Ripplez

our tcgs are in peril. aardvark, the spirit of enthusiasm coud no longer stand the terrible stagnaton plaguing our forums. he sent six special roles to six special young people*

sneaselx with the power of artwork
legendzero with the power artwork also

gnkoichi with the power of fluff
zao with the power of fluff too

ripplez with the power of rules adn mechanics
thebuck with the power of rules and mechanics as well

and aardvark with the power of rules and mechanics also too

with their powers combind they summon the forums greatest champions - TEAM LACKEY

the power is yours!**

*its the internet noone will know your a 50 yr old balding man
**additional terms and restrctions may apply

Zao

@GnKoichi

Chatting would be the most efficient way, if it's possible. Whenever I'm on my computer, i'm always online both on MSN and Steam. I'm usually available from 18h to 22h (Eastern Standard Time) except on Wednesay and Thursday. Tell me if you can, then i'll PM you my address (or Steam ID)

@Ripplez

By the power of mighty lackey! Yarr!

---

And I shamefully copy/paste Koichi's question, as I'm looking forward an answer too :
"What fluff stuff will help you early on? We can focus our efforts on certain elements if you want some decisions made sooner than others."

legend zero

I'm good for templates, but dont expect charcter art from me, I only promised what i could, but I'm also interested in Mechanics, if you would like.

sneaselx

I like the idea of spy v. spy, and support it to the extent my "power of artwork" allow.

Do I have the authority to propose mechanics?

Mechanic: Alarm System
Effect: Traps can trigger the alarm. Some cards can only be played if the alarm is active. (ie. when your cover is blown, you can call in the swat team.) However, the other player can also play alarm cards, and can try to avoid the activation, or deactivate it.
Pro/Con: This provides an additional way to regulate how you play cards. It also helps fit the general theme. (still to be decided about fluff theme.) Encourages espionage, as you try to get the advantage and then activate your alarm, pulling in all the stops. But a pure espionage deck would try to prevent the alarm, and you would be unable to use most of your cards.

GnKoichi

Zao, unfortunately I don't use either of those chat programs. Do you have a gmail account or AIM? We could use either of those chats (we could also use google docs to share ideas if you've got gmail). If not, we can just chat here.

GnKoichi

Also, I want to bring up the idea of dependencies between the teams:

Fluff team goal: City/Character design (dependent on game's win conditions being chosen by Rules team)

Art team goal: Card Templates (dependent on card's stats & other information being chosen by Rules team)

Right now the Fluff team can work on overall world building, so that's where we'll focus, unless another team has dependencies for us.

aardvark

Quote from: sneaselx on January 27, 2010, 04:09:35 PM
Of course! Anyone and everyone is free to voice a mechanic that they would like to see integrated into the game. I would like to see everyone pitch in. 'Course, it's the community's choice as a whole whether or not it actually goes in, which means it's up to the proposer to convince the community to use their mechanic(s).

Quote from: Legend_ZeroI'm good for templates, but dont expect charcter art from me, I only promised what i could, but I'm also interested in Mechanics, if you would like.

No, worries. I only ask that you contribute what you can. I want this to be fun, not a burden. As far as the actual pictures are concerned (once the individual cards are made, of course), just use your own judgment as to how to fill the gap. Maybe something like what Dragoon did with Dark Journeys and ask if we can use art that's already been made.

legend zero

That works for me, but I kinda need to know whats gong ON the card first. :lol:

TheBuck

Kinda defeats have teams set on doing certain tasks don't you think?

Quote from: aardvark on January 27, 2010, 08:25:30 PM
Quote from: sneaselx on January 27, 2010, 04:09:35 PM
Of course! Anyone and everyone is free to voice a mechanic that they would like to see integrated into the game. I would like to see everyone pitch in. 'Course, it's the community's choice as a whole whether or not it actually goes in, which means it's up to the proposer to convince the community to use their mechanic(s).

sneaselx

I think the teams are mostly to formalize where you go if you need something done, and teams get final say on any decision within their jurisdiction.

Ripplez

yeah. i think aardvarks philosophy is tat while the game should have efort put into it, it should be fun for all. i thin what aardvarks going for is - anyone can pitch in to help any aspect of the game. btu remember that there are people who actualy have responsibilitis for that aspect of the game and that they will have to check wat you actually put in

but dont go by my word. its just wat i thought aardvarks going for, far be it frm me to say what aardvarks thinking. its not my place to say :S

aardvark

Quote from: TheBuck on January 28, 2010, 01:18:34 AM
Kinda defeats have teams set on doing certain tasks don't you think?

Not really. What the others said pretty much hits the nail on the head. Everyone is free to contribute but the teams are the final tweakers. So we, the community as a whole, will decide what goes into the game, but it's up to the teams to fine tune the final choices and make 'em work. Once mechanics are put to vote that is (which is tomorrow btw).

@LZ:
lol. When the time comes of course. I don't expect you to pull that stuff outta thin air, donchaknow. The template on the other hand is something that The Artists can already be thinking about. It's a steampunk theme with a whole lotta espionage going on with character emphasis overtones. Maybe brown, maybe pink with purple polka dots? I have no idea and that's exactly why I didn't volunteer for that. ;)

TheBuck

I think we need some better comu with everyone I didn't know we had started this project lol thought we were still just tossing around ideas.