News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Deck building questions

Started by magekirbys, February 26, 2012, 01:31:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

magekirbys

Is there a way to be able to view cards from two or more formats ?

Is it possible to use the filters in a way to be able to view lets say all cards that start with, lets say for example: the name criterias 'The' or 'And' or '...' all at the same time?

Cause i've been trying to view cards from multiple formats on the pokemon plugin and the only way I can think of doing it is by putting a restriction criteria of 'doesn't contain' or 'is not' for all other the sets that I don't want but the thing is there are too many different set ID's so I can't do this because lackey doesn't offer enough filters and if it did it takes a long while to do so anyway.

Trevor

Quote from: magekirbys on February 26, 2012, 01:31:09 PM
Is there a way to be able to view cards from two or more formats ?

Is it possible to use the filters in a way to be able to view lets say all cards that start with, lets say for example: the name criterias 'The' or 'And' or '...' all at the same time?

Cause i've been trying to view cards from multiple formats on the pokemon plugin and the only way I can think of doing it is by putting a restriction criteria of 'doesn't contain' or 'is not' for all other the sets that I don't want but the thing is there are too many different set ID's so I can't do this because lackey doesn't offer enough filters and if it did it takes a long while to do so anyway.
At this time, the filters are all "AND". It's a simple matter of looking at one and then the other, so it isn't much of a problem. On the other hand, if you wanted to do an "OR" filter, and all you had was AND filters, there would be a problem.
While you cannot do an "OR" on multiple filters, this is what people want most of the time and removing the choice simplifies the interface.

magekirbys

So there's a way to let me view all cards that have the name 'goldeen' and all the cards that have the name 'cubone' at the same time?

MegaMan

try using a bunch of filters with common traits

name contains: "o"
name contains: "n"
name contains: "e"
stage: basic
rarity: common

all of those traits are common between those 2 cards
thats about the best its gonna get right now in terms of filters

Trevor

I suppose I can add a single filter option for "Match all" or "match any".

Trevor

Quote from: Trevor on February 26, 2012, 06:26:42 PM
I suppose I can add a single filter option for "Match all" or "match any".
On second thought, I think this would be more trouble than it is useful.

If I added this option, people could do a filter for
A OR B OR C
or
A AND B AND C
but they couldn't do a filter for
A AND (B OR C)

I think if I start to let people do some kinds of AND/OR changes, they would wrongly assume they should be able to do more complicated searches. I could allow people to do more complicated searches, but I think that would add more complexity to the interface, disproportionate to the utility it provides.

So I am now thinking I will keep things as they are for now regarding additional criteria for making filters. I am still not sure if people would be able to grasp intuitively that a "Matches all" and Matches Any" single additional criteria would be more help than harm.

Saethori

Quote from: Trevor on February 27, 2012, 03:21:34 AMI could allow people to do more complicated searches, but I think that would add more complexity to the interface, disproportionate to the utility it provides.
It doesn't need to be something that appears outwardly. All you need is the ability to assign special rules to the filter conditions, much in the same sense as a search engine.

For instance, you could set it up so if you type in 'Draw cards' in the plugin's text field, Lackey would look for cards that include both of those words in any order or location, search for '"Draw cards"' to look for cards that include both words in the field as an exact phrase, 'Draw -cards' for cards that include the word Draw but do not include the word Cards, 'Draw |cards' to look for cards that include either word (or both), etc. (Actual modifier characters are tenative.)

This wouldn't require half a dozen settings. It wouldn't require a complicated idea. All you need is a short list of search modifiers and include it in the tutorial.

Trevor

Good idea, Saethori. I'll get to that when I finish some other stuff I've been working on.

djbluechef

Would it be possible to add a set criteria to the current deck building filter system on the left? That way you could select sets from blocks as you wanted instead of the current filter dropdown which does have things like standard, modern, etc. but what if i wanted to look at only cards in the core set 12 and mirrodin for example?

djbluechef

Quote from: djbluechef on March 13, 2012, 08:23:36 AM
Would it be possible to add a set criteria to the current deck building filter system on the left? That way you could select sets from blocks as you wanted instead of the current filter dropdown which does have things like standard, modern, etc. but what if i wanted to look at only cards in the core set 12 and mirrodin for example?

Im a tool. Its already there.  :-X

djbluechef

HOWEVER!!....

is there a list of sets in your abbreviated form? why are some spelled out and others have a three letter form? is that the plugin creators doing?

is there a way that the field on the filter would auto populate on the set filter?