I just posted a new version of Lackey, build date 02-09-12. Post bugs here.

Started by Trevor, February 09, 2012, 11:02:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trevor

http://lackeyccg.com/changelog.html

This version has a number of new features and some bug fixes.

Fixed a bug where text-to-speech preferences weren't saved (on the mac version).

The Appearance preferences section was redone. Some preferences that were obsolete or redundant were removed. I tried to rename things to make things more clear.
With the addition of the Scale function, a lot of the utility the Zoom feature provided is now better done via a Scale. A Zoom is now a proper zoom of the camera. Zooming out the camera works as you would expect. If you feel like you are running out of space (and you don't have a good place to reposition your cards) try using a Scale to make the cards smaller.

The interface got some improvements. Several interface objects are now able to be displayed as images, which a plugin can redefine. These include the card counters and the markings on the table (both exes and arrows).

There are now 3 different styles of how card counters can be displayed: Text only, Images only, and Text Over Image. The latter is the new default. You can resize the images and fonts of each of the different styles independent of each other.

I am experimenting with 2 different paradigms of image incorporation. The counters do things one way, and exes and arrows do it the other way. Card counter images are one for each color. Exes and arrows are drawn from a single image file each, but that image file is tinted to the appropriate color.

All card counter images and ex and arrow image files are stored in Lackey's images/interface/ folder. All of these image files are open to feedback and are not necessarily what the final versions will look like. If you want to offer better counter, ex, or arrow images, please send them to me.

Note that there are default interface images, and plugin specific images. If a plugin has interface images (such as counters) a plugin's version will override the default images. Try putting a transparent PNG file in your plugin's images/ folder and see how the counters look.

If you don't see the new images for card counters, exes, or arrows, get the images/interface/ directory from the latest lackey from the downloads section. Also, take a look at your appearance preferences. It is possible that they interface images are disabled, but they should be on by default.

/shufflealldecks (or "/sod" for short) is a log command that will shuffle all decks.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
/addpack is a cool new function which I shall explain in detail now.
Here is example syntax:
/addpack <kind>Pack Name</kind> <player>Trevor</player> <zone>Deck</zone> <quantity>1</quantity> <shuffle>yes</shuffle> <checksum>yes</checksum> <erase>yes</erase>

Or for short:
/ap <k>Pack Name</k> <p>Trevor</p> <z>Deck</z> <q>1</q> <s>yes</s> <c>yes</c> <e>yes</e>

I know that all seems overwhelming, but you don't need to use it in that very complicated form. I list it like that so you can see all the options.

Spaces between the arguments are also optional, after the space immediately after /addpack that is.

You can omit arguments. If you do, defaults will be used.

<kind>Pack Name</kind>: this is the only argument that doesn't default to anything and it is therefore the only required argument. The pack name is the same one listed in the pack list.

<player>Trevor</player>: Omit this and it assumes it is person who is performing the action. You can also enter "shared" for a shared zone, but if you give a name of a shared zone as the zone argument, you can omit this argument. You can give the name of a specific player, or PLAYERN (where N is a numeral between 0 and 9). If you use PLAYERN that will allow you to load to whoever is in seat N. (Note the first seat is 0 and the second seat is 1, et cetera.)
<zone>Deck</zone>: This is the name of the game zone to load to. If you put the name of a shared zone, you don't need to enter a player name as an argument. If omitted, this argument is assumed to be the second game zone.
<quantity>1</quantity>: You can specify how many packs are to be added by this function. The default is 1.
<shuffle>yes</shuffle>: If the zone is to be shuffled. The default is yes.
<checksum>yes</checksum>: If yes, a checksum is displayed. This checksum will allow other players to know a player didn't cheat and alter the pack definition. The default is yes.
<erase>yes</erase>: Enter "yes" to erase the contents that were in the zone before the pack is loaded to. Note that if you have a log function that chains multiple addpack functions together, you should only use this argument for the first argument. Otherwise, subsequent executions will erase the previous packs you loaded to that zone. The default is "no".

If you just type "/addpack <k>Example</k>", that will add one pack of the "Example" kind to your second game zone and then shuffle that zone. NOTE: You need to type in an actual pack name. "Example" is not a real pack name for any plugin.... or so I would assume.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

More coming soon...

KBlaze

I just updated and the program doesn't start. Could you tell me what could've possibly happened?

Trevor

Quote from: KBlaze on February 10, 2012, 03:29:32 AM
I just updated and the program doesn't start. Could you tell me what could've possibly happened?
Try downloading a fresh lackey from http://lackeyccg.com/downloads.html, unzip it, and run it.

I tested the version that is online and it should run for everyone. Can you tell me more about your operating system? Are you getting any error messages that might help diagnose your issue?

Saethori

The counter change is a really great improvement. Everything seems to be fine with it.

Bugs/issues I've noticed with this version:
-Typing text seems to lag slightly when typed into chat windows. This sometimes causes Shift keys not to register properly. Doesn't seem to affect other text entry fields.
-The icon for the Lackey Program is back, but very blurry. It doesn't seem like I can switch it to the higher-quality version that's also in the program, but that might be a computer issue. Is it possible to simply delete the blurry version so it defaults to the high-res version?
-The issue I mentioned half a year ago about the game refusing to start maximized still seems to exist. Again, this could be my computer.

Minor suggestions for the next version:
-Add a "quantity" field to the TransferCard function, including an "all" option to completely move all cards in one zone to another.
-Alternatively or additionally to the above, add a / command to trigger TransferCard functions in-game, somewhat similar to the newly added /addpack command.
-Add a "gender" field to the Player Profile, to be referenced when the game announces game actions taken. (Example: "[Name] moves a card at position 5 of [his/her] Deck to [his/her] Hand.") I understand this request seems frivolous, but I've actually had it brought up to me several times, simply in regards to my plugin. Could possibly include a neutral option as default. (Its?)
-Alter log text to merge reports of cards changing zones, if multiple such cards are occurring simultaneously as part of a multi-card drag-and-drop or a macro in the canned messages. (Example: "[Name] moves 5 cards from [his/her] Hand to the top of [his/her] Deck.")

Thank you very much for making LackeyCCG the best tabletop game simulator out there. ^^

Trevor

Quote from: Saethori on February 10, 2012, 01:15:16 PM
The counter change is a really great improvement. Everything seems to be fine with it.

Bugs/issues I've noticed with this version:
-Typing text seems to lag slightly when typed into chat windows. This sometimes causes Shift keys not to register properly. Doesn't seem to affect other text entry fields.
-The icon for the Lackey Program is back, but very blurry. It doesn't seem like I can switch it to the higher-quality version that's also in the program, but that might be a computer issue. Is it possible to simply delete the blurry version so it defaults to the high-res version?
-The issue I mentioned half a year ago about the game refusing to start maximized still seems to exist. Again, this could be my computer.

Minor suggestions for the next version:
-Add a "quantity" field to the TransferCard function, including an "all" option to completely move all cards in one zone to another.
-Alternatively or additionally to the above, add a / command to trigger TransferCard functions in-game, somewhat similar to the newly added /addpack command.
-Add a "gender" field to the Player Profile, to be referenced when the game announces game actions taken. (Example: "[Name] moves a card at position 5 of [his/her] Deck to [his/her] Hand.") I understand this request seems frivolous, but I've actually had it brought up to me several times, simply in regards to my plugin. Could possibly include a neutral option as default. (Its?)
-Alter log text to merge reports of cards changing zones, if multiple such cards are occurring simultaneously as part of a multi-card drag-and-drop or a macro in the canned messages. (Example: "[Name] moves 5 cards from [his/her] Hand to the top of [his/her] Deck.")

Thank you very much for making LackeyCCG the best tabletop game simulator out there. ^^
Where exactly is the icon blurry? Can you send a screenshot?

Do a "New Game" and let me know if the text input is still laggy.

"His" is actually proper for both men and women, but I get your point. That's very low priority imo.

Nava

Png transparency effect for counters works well with Lackey on Windows, but unfortunately fails on Mac OS X. Transparent background is rendered white...

Cheers,

Nava

Trevor

Quote from: Nava on February 10, 2012, 04:46:38 PM
Png transparency effect for counters works well with Lackey on Windows, but unfortunately fails on Mac OS X. Transparent background is rendered white...

Cheers,

Nava
That is odd. I am using mac and it works fine for me. What image exactly is giving you problems? Have you tried running the fresh lackey from the downloads section with all of its default preferences?

Nava

Quote from: Trevor on February 10, 2012, 05:26:47 PM
Quote from: Nava on February 10, 2012, 04:46:38 PM

Cheers,

Nava
That is odd. I am using mac and it works fine for me. What image exactly is giving you problems? Have you tried running the fresh lackey from the downloads section with all of its default preferences?
found the reasons in my preferences - kudos for great work!

Cheers,  Nava

Bis2Fioute

Hey there,

It seems that I cannot load to a shared gamezone with the "load entire deck to you" button anymore.

Saethori

Quote from: Trevor on February 10, 2012, 03:18:39 PM

The text lag seems to have resolved itself. >_>; Though I'm not the only one that experienced this issue.

As for the icon, at some point during my frequent reboots, the icon finally asserted itself as the better version in my quicklaunch bar, but the file still has the old icon as default (first). Attaching an image of what I mean.

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

Trevor

Quote from: Bis2Fioute on February 11, 2012, 03:53:01 AM
Hey there,

It seems that I cannot load to a shared gamezone with the "load entire deck to you" button anymore.
That is correct. A shared deck zone belongs to no one, so you cannot load it to you with that button. The intended way for you to load a shared zone deck to a shared zone game zone is to use the "Load to shared zone" button. Note that left click that button sends you to the game window, but right clicking on the button loads it without sending you to the game menu.

Trevor

Quote from: Saethori on February 11, 2012, 01:56:26 PM
Quote from: Trevor on February 10, 2012, 03:18:39 PM

The text lag seems to have resolved itself. >_>; Though I'm not the only one that experienced this issue.

As for the icon, at some point during my frequent reboots, the icon finally asserted itself as the better version in my quicklaunch bar, but the file still has the old icon as default (first). Attaching an image of what I mean.
If the text lag comes back, try to notice a correlation between the lag and some difference from when there was no lag. If you can, try to determine causation so I can fix it.

Tbiesty

I've been able to host games with players outside of my LAN without needing proxy server, but the Proxy Server Test still says I need the proxy server.

Trevor

Quote from: Tbiesty on February 12, 2012, 01:10:42 PM
I've been able to host games with players outside of my LAN without needing proxy server, but the Proxy Server Test still says I need the proxy server.
Can you IM me some time so I can test this with you?

institute

The Scale function doesn't seem to work for me. I'm on a Mac running leopard 10.6.8. When I click on the scale button nothing happens. The other buttons show the blue text when clicked to indicate they are on, but the scale button doesn't do this. When I attempt to scroll to cause a scale change after clicking the scale button the zoom changes instead.