I just posted a new version of Lackey, build date 02-09-12. Post bugs here.

Started by Trevor, February 09, 2012, 11:02:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trevor

Quote from: institute on February 14, 2012, 08:23:18 AM
The Scale function doesn't seem to work for me. I'm on a Mac running leopard 10.6.8. When I click on the scale button nothing happens. The other buttons show the blue text when clicked to indicate they are on, but the scale button doesn't do this. When I attempt to scroll to cause a scale change after clicking the scale button the zoom changes instead.
There was a bug that prevented the label "Scaling" to appear at the cursor, like it does for "Zooming", but that didn't affect the functionality of the scaling.

There are many ways to scale. Here are some:

Left click the "Scale" button about the table. The button will then appear to be selected and you will be in Scale mode. While in this mode, left click on the table and drag up or down, similar to how you can zoom by dragging. When you're done with Scale mode, hit escape, or click the Scale button again.

In the log, you can set the scale like "/scale 120". Entering just "/scale" will set it back to 100%. I am not sure this is in the version you have, but at least when the next version is posted you will be able to sync all player's scale with "/scalesync", like you can now with "/zoomsync". Remember that with all log commands, you can save them as canned messages too. So you could make a "/scale 50", "/scale 100", or "/scale 150" button.

There is a key combo for scaling with the scroll wheel. I am not sure if windows keyboards have an alias to the command key on the mac keyboard, so I might bind it to a different key. But right now, command+scroll wheel will adjust the scale.

If the dragging method is bugged for you, I will need to fix that. But I am on a mac and it works for me.

Trevor

BallsSoHard

Not a bug, but I couldn't get the old version to update so I just downloaded the new version fresh and it works great but how do I get all my old data (decklists, etc) over to the new version. I don't really want to redo everything.

Trevor

Quote from: BallsSoHard on February 17, 2012, 08:08:37 PM
Not a bug, but I couldn't get the old version to update so I just downloaded the new version fresh and it works great but how do I get all my old data (decklists, etc) over to the new version. I don't really want to redo everything.
If you don't use the LackeyCCG Updater.exe, you can (usually) drag the new .exe to your old lackey folder, replacing your old one.
Or drag your old plugins, secure, and images folders to your new lackey folder. The most recent version actually has a new RakNet.dll so the former method won't work (unless you also take the new RakNet.dll).

You said you were unable to update. What method were you using that failed?

Ertai87

Not really a bug, per se, but something that's bugging me: In the update dialog, when it downloads plugin updates, the word "Preparing" is spelled wrong.  Not a big deal, but as a bit of a spelling/grammar lawyer it makes me cringe.

Trevor

Quote from: Ertai87 on February 22, 2012, 10:05:40 PM
Not really a bug, per se, but something that's bugging me: In the update dialog, when it downloads plugin updates, the word "Preparing" is spelled wrong.  Not a big deal, but as a bit of a spelling/grammar lawyer it makes me cringe.
Fixed.

BallsSoHard

Whenever I haven't played in a while I will run the updater and then use it to start lackey. This didn't work around the middle of February and so I checked these boards and saw that a new version had been released. I figured this was the problem so I just got a new fresh version like you suggested and then moved all of my old decklists over and deleted my old version. Everything went fine the next 3 times I logged on to the server but now the same thing is happening, I update but then once lackey starts I can't connect to the server and it says that I have an old version and need update (although I just updated seconds before). Any suggestions?

Trevor

Quote from: BallsSoHard on March 06, 2012, 09:20:58 PM
Whenever I haven't played in a while I will run the updater and then use it to start lackey. This didn't work around the middle of February and so I checked these boards and saw that a new version had been released. I figured this was the problem so I just got a new fresh version like you suggested and then moved all of my old decklists over and deleted my old version. Everything went fine the next 3 times I logged on to the server but now the same thing is happening, I update but then once lackey starts I can't connect to the server and it says that I have an old version and need update (although I just updated seconds before). Any suggestions?
What build date does your say? Does it match that listed at http://lackeyccg.com/downloads.html ?
Make sure you are not downloading from your internet cache. If you don't know how to do that, google it.

BallsSoHard

The build date was indeed from the old version still, so i got the new one and I think it fixed it. thanks a bunch!