Beginner Problems....don't tell me it's a feature!

Started by MagnificentModnar, February 06, 2012, 05:24:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MagnificentModnar

I don't really think it is a 'bug', but, in the solitaire of Magic, about 1 out of 11 times, when I try to drag a card from my hand to the battlefield, the whole playing area changes, and I can't seem to change it back (without ending the game and re-starting).
What's going on?

Also, one of the 'combo-s' I rely on in my current deck is the interaction between Mirrorworks and Doubling Season - - but this makes multiple creature tokens of the Artifact-Creatures being cast, and the listed source for card-images of creature-tokens (http://magiccards.info/extras.html) doesn't have such.

I found the red counters and the green counters - - - is there anything that lies over the Power/ Toughness numbers on the cards, or do people just designate via chat?
Like: "Hey, the green counters on my Artifact Creatures are +1/+1 Counters, okay?"

Trevor

Show me a screenshot of your issue where "the whole playing area changes". That's is pretty vague.

If you are new to lackey, you can always check out the http://lackeyccg.com/tutorial.html.

You can always use spawned cards (and add a note to them if you want) instead of a card token if a plugin doesn't define a card token that you want.

Counters are context dependent. With real cards, a glass bead on a card can mean many things in many contexts. If there is ever any confusion, you can specify what a counter on a card means, but I would imagine it would be pretty obvious and you wouldn't need to most of the time. Some plugin makers want to label their counters like "wound counter" or "power counter" or some other specific term. I think it is a better idea to keep things more generic and versatile, labeling them "red" or "green" or "blue" etc. The specific terms are rarely useful since their usage is almost always apparent, and the more generic names allow you to use tokens for a lot more different purposes.
Most games only use one kind of counter on cards at a time because that is good CCG design.

Saethori

Additionally, the upgrade regarding counters Trevor is currently working on will, if Bort (the manager of the M:tG plugin you use) chooses to use it, allow a stronger level of visual distinction for counters. In the context of M:tG, it would be easily possible to create a standardized +1/+1 counter image, -1/-1 counter, charge counter, and "other" counter, and that would likely solve a majority of differentiation issues.

MegaMan

your play area is probably changing because of the lag that lackey has

when you click and drag a card, the lag will sometimes cause you to grab the edge of an area by mistake and drag it instead of the card and make it really big or disapear completely

click and wait a moment, then drag the cards, i know its a pain but this is probably what the problem is