Questions about the custom Button Bar above chat window and the sound share

Started by Jynks, January 19, 2012, 11:47:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jynks

Is this possible to be set to be different canned buttons per-plugin I use? At the moment if I change a canned button it is changed for all plugins... IS there a way to have a different "canned" button bar for each plugin I use?

Also the soundshare thing is awesome.. but kind of hard to use.. how can I use a /command or hotkey it? Or best yet, stick it on the button canned bar?

Trevor

I believe canned messages are indeed localized to plugins now. So setting them for plugin X shouldn't affect plugin Y.

http://lackeyccg.com/tutorialsoundshare.html

You can use soundshare with tab to the right of the table, next to the tokens tab. If you have any suggestions for making it easier to use, let me know.

Jynks

well just that most of the time you want the right bar to be your own or your opponents discard pile or something. Be cool to be able to trigger the sound share with out having go to the tab, maybe though a /command or a caned message button (witch you can even hotkey)

Trevor

Quote from: Jynks on January 20, 2012, 11:48:49 AM
well just that most of the time you want the right bar to be your own or your opponents discard pile or something. Be cool to be able to trigger the sound share with out having go to the tab, maybe though a /command or a caned message button (witch you can even hotkey)
You can make canned message for sounds, as described in that soundshare tutorial. I wasn't sure if I should have the right window subpanels (zone list, token list, and soundshare) work like they do now, or if I should let people use as many or as few at a time as they want (and collapse them when they aren't needed). I decided to have only one visible at a time because I think it was the simplest to implement and possibly the simplest for people to understand. I don't want to overwhelm people with a complicated interface, so the way it is now, it automatically hides the other 2 you aren't using. Also, I didn't want people to run out of space (or have to shrink the size of the panel).

Jynks

Ok, I think I have it now.. is there a way to set the button name separately? It is a small thing.. but kinda cool...

See how the text of the chat is the text on the button label? Is there a way (in this example) I can set the button label to be "ACTION" but still play the file and type that text?

Trevor

!Hi!/roll;/flip

That will make a button with the label "Hi" that will roll a die and flip coin.