News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

What degree do you need?

Started by yudencow, December 15, 2011, 11:27:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

yudencow

to work on card, board and miniature games?
plus what experice the want and what portfolio I should have?

r0cknes

If you are asking what I think you are asking, then no experience besides actually enjoying the games themselves. I have made a couple of card games and I am currently working on a euro board game, and I have 0 years experience in the work world. If you plan on making money on card or board games, then you still don't need any experience. I have a friend who has made 2 board games (Band of Brothers and Space Empires 4X). Most games are designed by game designers that are not a part of a gaming business. They just find a game company that will work with their ideas and publish it.

yudencow

It's just I study computer science know for making video games, but the math is inhumane. Everytime I become depreesed of it I think: I could just create these types of games without having to dig deep in the mathematical abyss of calculus (a great name for a humorous villain) and linear algebra. You comment gave me the thrive to try that way though I want cange majors just yet because I don't know to what. Any ideas?