News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Rotate a card 30 degrees

Started by rhgbta, October 05, 2024, 04:35:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rhgbta

Hi,

I am making a plugin for a playtest group to use for online play for a new game. This game has players move cards around on a hex-board. Direction of travel for the cards is denoted by the direction the front of the card is pointing. This is a core mechanic of the game.

the thing is, this seemingly simple thing does not seem possible in the game. I can't seem to find anything that lets me rotate cards in a custom direction, only can rotate right, upside down, and forward. Am I missing something?

CrazyChucky

Yeah, unfortunately there's no way to do that in Lackey. You could try using notes, or perhaps visually tying a color of counter to each direction?

Another janky idea might be to pick a corner of the card that will indicate direction. Then you've got four out of your available six directions covered, so only the other two would need a workaround.

Obviously none of these is nearly as straightforward or elegant as what you could easily do with physical cards, but oftentimes with Lackey we have to find creative workarounds.