News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Magic The Gathering Addons

Started by BLOODWOLF, November 24, 2019, 03:21:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BLOODWOLF

Have created/modified a few new images for the Magic plugin that I found on the web and modified in Gimp.  Also made minor edits to the plugininfo.txt to allow for counters of all five colors of mana and created an Unlimited (alpha-unlimited), Revised (an-revised), and Fourth Edition(ia-4e) blocks in the formats.txt.  GF and I have been hosting and playing on a server every night for the last week or so and are thoroughly enjoying this plugin.  Thanks Chucky.  We need a LackyCCG Discord. 

Board, hand, phase images, plugininfo, and formats.txt files: (224kb so cant attach)
https://drive.google.com/open?id=153qxMcOBLmkcrlIgxIyMxHkWkWZwwO1s

BLOODWOLF

Created a CommandZone that your scheme deck can be loaded to and that the old scheme can be sent to the bottom of to work with ArchEnemy and any other games that require command zones.

Contains:
-MTG tabletop, hand, and phase background images
-Modified formats.txt (optional mainly just for my group so we can play our custom blocks)
-Modified plugininfo.txt (adds counters of all five colors of mana, adds a command zone which your scheme decks can be loaded to for archenemy or any other format that needs the command zone)
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1s5ZIZPFosroeME9-248EOFCZjtiq1FwH

CrazyChucky

Hey, that's actually a really good point. I got so used to using the sideboard as the command zone that once I took over the plugin, it never occurred to me to make an actual command zone. I think I'll add that for the next update, thanks!

Personally I prefer the neutral gray backgrounds that don't distract me from my cards, and they don't look weird when squashed and stretched in the interface. But it's cool to have these available here if anyone wants to use them. If you post the images directly, attached to your post, then people will still be able to download them later, even if anything happens to your Google Drive account.

There are already so many formats defined that I hesitate to fill the list even more. What's the rationale for those listed, and are they things you think others would use? They don't correspond with any old Standard/Type II formats that I know of; the first lineup was Revised, The Dark, and Fallen Empires. Why Arabian Nights and Revised together?

In any event?I'm glad you're enjoying the plugin! It's always good to hear people are getting use out of it.

BLOODWOLF

I created those Unlimited, Revised, Fourth Edition, etc blocks mainly just so that we would get to use all those cards from the expansions along with each core set.  Like how the Revised core set doesnt include Juzam which the gf loves that card so, had to include the prior expansions in with the Revised edition or else she didnt want to play it.  And Im kinda new to Magic so, creating these old card blocks lets me see and learn about all the old cards and I don't feel like Im missing out on anything.

And I did at first make new Core Set Blocks all the way up to 10th edition but, then the format list extends below the taskbar on my 1344x768 laptop screen.  So the formats.txt is just my unofficial stuff for what our little group is doing mainly.

One other, not really an issue or complaint or anything but, the creature.wav file is extremely loud and we have all ended up unchecking the box to play a sound when a creature card is played.  If that was at half volume maybe it would be fine.

BLOODWOLF

And what do you think about adding Booster Boxes?
<pack>
<packtitle>Alpha Booster Box</packtitle>
<packkind>Booster Box</packkind>
        <packdoubles>yes</packdoubles>
<packcommoncrit><field>Set</field><eval>IS</eval><data>alpha</data></packcommoncrit>
<packcommoncrit><field>Type</field><eval>DOESNTCONTAIN</eval><data>Token</data></packcommoncrit>
<packcommoncrit><field>DraftQualities</field><eval>DOESNTCONTAIN</eval><data>notInPacks</data></packcommoncrit>
<chance>
<prob>100</prob>
<kind>
<qty>36</qty>
<crit><field>Rarity</field><eval>IS</eval><data>R</data></crit>
</kind>
<kind>
<qty>108</qty>
<crit><field>Rarity</field><eval>IS</eval><data>U</data></crit>
</kind>
<kind>
<qty>396</qty>
<crit><field>Rarity</field><eval>IS</eval><data>C</data></crit>
</kind>
</chance>
</pack>

BLOODWOLF

Added Unlimited and Revised editions of the 100 land packs
Created Booster Boxes for Alpha through Revised

CrazyChucky

Uh... I'd really rather not double the length of the pack list. What on Earth are you simulating an entire box all at once for?

BLOODWOLF

*shrugs* If we wanted to start out with a random pool of cards and then win/buy new boosters for each win like if i created some kind of points system for the group.  Just experimenting with stuff.

CrazyChucky

Interesting. I think that's probably better left to individual tweaks like this or just using the quantity selector (although it can only add up to ten at a time).

By the way, make sure you save a backup of the files you modify, since the ones in the plugin will get overwritten next time you let the plugin update.

BLOODWOLF

Yeah i found that out last week that the update URL will overwrite everything so have been saving my files outside the plugin in the main Lackey folder.  Is there a way to increase that pack limit to x36 instead of just 10 in the cardpool section when adding booster packs?   I wouldn't need to make boxes if I could figure out how to increase the quantity.

CrazyChucky

Unfortunately that's a Lackey change, not a plugin change. I don't have any way to increase that without Lackey itself getting an update from Trevor, which hasn't happened in several years.

You can add 10 three times, then add 6... not exactly ideal, I know. : /

BLOODWOLF

Yeah thats what I was doing before and then just decided "screw this im making booster boxes" which is more convenient and only one click.

BLOODWOLF

Updated plugininfo.txt when right clicking the hand tab and discarding at random it was discarding your cards into the command zone instead of the graveyard so had to reorganize the command zone's position.
Now:
shared - hand - library - graveyard - command - exiled - sideboard

***Edit: Adds a [Play command] button to the button bar that will play the top card of your commandzone (scheme deck) to the tabletop.