News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

looking for magic players

Started by Zane217, September 05, 2011, 03:46:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zane217

Hi all,

A few of my friends and myself play magic with lackey and we are looking for another player or 2 to mix it up a little.  We use skype for voice (although with enough people we may switch).  we are looking for people who play similar to how we play.  we play for fun, decks are competitive but not cheesy and usually not truly annoying (land destruction).  we have run several tournaments  (each player puts 10 decks in and we play brackets).  We also play at night about 9:00 est.  The other thing is we would like people who are over the age of 25,  the three of us are 30 to 40 and are looking for players close to our age.  If you are interested please reply to this message.

Gary

Crovack

I may have an interest, however I'll point out that I'm a competitive player by nature and what can be classified as "cheesy" varies significantly from person to person.

As in, personally speaking I find decks that run cards like Kiln Fiend/Assault Strobe or the new Inkmoth/Blazing Shoal deck to be far more "cheesy" than anything else.  However, the previously seen Standard black/blue and black/red Infect decks seemed perfectly fair to me.

In the end, I gave up on the idea of calling people out for "cheesy" long ago.  I generally play things that are more "fair", but that completely depends on the format.  I'll gladly play sinkholes and wastelands in Legacy, tho I'd rather be playing Utter-Leyton's Counter Cat than Estratti's Splinter Twin, even if Estratti did wipe the floor with him.

P.S. Can contact me on Skype via the name "crovack".

Zane217

you are correct, even cheese needs playtime sometimes.  But turn 1 wins are rarely fun for anyone.  On skype I am Zane217.
Cheese = we tend to avoid infinite loops, and tinkering out Inkwell Leviathan on turn 3 (however it does happen)
Gary

Cursor

Hi There,
I'd be interested in this.  I play casual paper MtG.  Have used Lackey for solitaire deck testing, but never used it live.  Not sure how competitive my decks are.  I do admit to liking Johnny combo-type decks.  I'm 39, with the big 4-0 fast approaching.  I don't always have a lot of free time, but when I do, it's usually right around 9pm est.

Zane217

you should both send me an e-mail and we can find some time.
Zane217@yahoo.com

Gary