News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Bannable examples

Started by Trevor, August 28, 2011, 11:38:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trevor

Just so people know in case things aren't clear, people can and do get banned for essentially being jerks. This is all done at my discretion, and I really don't like having to do this sort of thing.

Things I can ban you for and you should definitely avoid are:

Spamming the server chat with stuff that most people would consider spam.

Doing anything to circumvent disciplinary actions I or another moderator has done (this will lead to a permanent ban).

Flaming people in server chat. I don't care if you just played a game with them and they were a jerk. You can say in server chat "This person just rage quit with me and was a poor sport, so be warned." Leave it at that. Anything more reflects poorly on you.

If someone asks you to leave their game, do so. You have no right to be in a game when they tell you not to. They CAN put up a password, but that's lame to have to make them do that.

Don't pretend to be anyone else. If you pretend to be me, you will be permanently banned.

Don't change your name. If you do, this isn't intrinsically bad, but it is a red flag and it draws my attention to you if anyone reports you for bad behavior.

Crovack

Thanks Trevor.  From personal experiences before, I understand that when running a project like this you're busy enough without needing to play disciplinarian.  You do an amazing job with Lackey and just want to make sure you know it's appreciated.  The fact that you go above and beyond to enforce an atmosphere that promotes an enjoyable experience for all just shows how much you care about the project and community (let's face it, spending a couple hours working on a new feature is far more rewarding than spending those hours working to catch and enforce rules against harasses - being willing to do both shows a devotion above and beyond).

The short version: thanks again Trevor.