News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

NEW MTG FORMAT (If you like EDH, check this shit out)

Started by Dr. Zaj, July 25, 2011, 10:01:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

magnaangemon01

This might sound dumb but why not call it Double Decker Dragon or D3? Since it's two generals, it's almost like combining 2 decks.

Dr. Zaj

MegaMan

i'd like this if it weren't for the rediculous rule you made about 20 poison win condition

Dr. Zaj

It is designed to discourage people from playing infect.

DavidChaos

This may seem like a stupid question, but why the discouragement against Infect?  Is there something about the mechanic that's more broken in your format than in other formats?  Or do you just not particularly like Infect?  If that's the case, then it seems to be more a biased.  Unless there's a deck that's abusing the poison counters more than usual, there's no need to change the rules, since you're still using the same number of players.  I will admit that the only reason I can see for 20 poison counters being required for victory is just "I hate poison counters".

I'd like to remind you that even 2-Headed Giant only increases the number of poison counters to 15, and that's a format with 2 players.  There doesn't seem to be any legit reason for hating on poison that way.

Trevor

Quote from: Dr. Zaj on June 03, 2012, 04:04:31 PM
It is designed to discourage people from playing infect.
Poison isn't broken in commander at 10 poison counters. There is only one commander you can have with infect, and he limits you to playing only black cards, of which there are only 24 other infect creatures that could be put into the deck, some of which are sub par. With 2 commanders, that may not be the case though, but I think it would be better to add the rule later if needed.

DavidChaos

To add to Trevor's very good point, not only is there only one commander with infect, it's the only commander that can support infect; no legendary has proliferate, and none has poisonous.  Even if both of your commanders use black, that's still only 47 creatures (since your deck construction still only allows one legendary); With a total of 67 creatures with Infect in the whole game, even a second commander that was pentacolor would only give you a pool of 90 creatures; granted, you can fill with proliferate creatures, but that's not a whole lot to work with.