News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

NEW MTG FORMAT (If you like EDH, check this shit out)

Started by Dr. Zaj, July 25, 2011, 10:01:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Zaj

I have decided to create an EEDH committee. It will work kinda like the Supreme Court. There will be nine "judges" who will vote on whether or not to create new rules or to ban cards. I already have a few spots filled, but if you want to be a judge on the EEDH committee, act fast.
Spots filled
-Myself
-Memoriam
-Zook
-
-
-
-
-
-

Crovack

Quote from: Dr. Zaj on July 27, 2011, 02:14:05 PM
I have actually thought about that. I am probably going to add some people to some sort of an "EEDH Committee", so I don't come across as "I HAVE ALL THE POWER! SUCK IT!"

Good call.
I would agree with a previous poster in that using the "H" in EEDH may be a bit disingenuous as to your cause, as highlander has a very clearly defined meaning (all cards are restricted).  Perhaps "EED" would still work for you?  Just something to think on.

Seems like it could be a fun format, there's certainly potential.

DavidChaos

I've got no problem helping out; but, again, I feel like the name should actually reflect the way the format works; Elder Dragon is fine, since it kind of grandfathers in the concept of a general, but "Extreme" doesn't tell me that there are 2 generals.  That's just my opinion on the matter.

Dr. Zaj

My friend suggested a new name for the format.
Twin-Headed Dragon or THD.

Dr. Zaj

Now. I would like to mark some people down that are important to the history of EEDH/THD.
-Myself, Cadget, and Memoriam: The First people to ever play a game of EEDH/THD.
-Myself:  The First person to ever win a game of EEDH/THD. (It's only fitting.)
-Memoriam:  The first player to ever make a dual-mono color EEDH/THD deck. (Anonown, the Rune Sage/Drana, Kalastria Bloodchief)
-Memoriam:  The first player to make an EEDH without using doubleton. (Ob Nixilis, the Fallen/Azusa, Lost but Seeking)
-Melcor:  The first player to use a general from commander in an EEDH/THD deck.(Zedruu the Greathearted/Sen Triplets)
-Kitsune:  He didn't have a first, but he did defend my format from some people who were badmouthing it.
-Cadget: The first person to ever defeat the creator of EEDH/THD.

To all of these people, I deeply thank you. I may have created EEDH/THD, but I couldn't have made it as awesome as it is without your help. Pat yourselves on the back.

Dr. Zaj

I really think we do need to change the name because people often come into a game of "EEDH" thinking that it's a typo and that I mean "EDH" when I really don't. Then they expect to play EDH.

Memoriam, the Divine Wind

THD kind of gives a "Two-headed giant" vibe, but it's probably the best name for the format.

Dr. Zaj

As of today, EEDH is now THD for Two-Headed Dragon

Memoriam, the Divine Wind

Quote from: Dr. Zaj on July 31, 2011, 09:17:11 PM
As of today, EEDH is now THD for Two-Headed Dragon

It's your decision, but I think the format would sound better as "Twin-Headed Dragon" as to limit confusion, since "Two-headed Dragon" is extremely similar to "Two-headed giant".

DavidChaos

I agree with the confusion with Two-Headed Giant on the name, but honestly?  It's less of a problem than I feel EEDH is, so I say we go with that.

Dr. Zaj

When you abbreviate it as THD people think you mean Two-headed giant, so I'm open to ideas.

Dr. Zaj

What do you guys think of DHD (Dual-Headed Dragon)?

Dr. Zaj