News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Pokemon TCG Plugin - Discussion Thread

Started by Saethori, May 01, 2011, 03:41:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saethori

Quote from: Aringon on August 07, 2012, 12:11:19 AMWant me to do booster pack code for the current sets? (B&W and up)
If you would, that would be rather helpful. I don't have the general knowledge of how the TCG's sealed play works, or even the card distribution of boosters, so if anyone else wants to help out I would be more than glad to get it.

(It's already kind of the limit of my potential to update the plugin within a day of the scans becoming available. x.x For some reason, I haven't actually been recovering from my sickness...)

Aringon

Well I'm just going to point this out now, with the way packs are set up and with how huge the Pok?mon plugin has become I'm going to have to be very specific in the code. Basically I'm making it so they will pull certain cards with a certain chance of each rarity but they will all be the same set. So if any cards aren't in the correct set, for instance cards in the BW set being in BW1 or something else, then you won't be able to get them.

https://rapidshare.com/files/763617550/packs.zip

I tested everything and the packs seem to be working as intended. Just download and unzip into your main Pok?mon plugin folder.
I may add theme decks later as well.

I updated the packs again, adding in Dragons Exalted which I had previously left out and I also added the first three theme decks from Black & White.

Updated again. All the theme decks from Black & White to Dragons Exalted are in there now.

zeroash

Saethori

Promos from the previous two links added, for six in total. Pack Definitions, however, were NOT added, since I'm not in a condition that allows me to test and verify a new function.

...To be honest, my health is deteriorating to the point where I have very serious doubts in my capability to continue the plugin. The help I'm getting thus far is appreciated, but this is a difficult task for someone who's bedridden half of her days.

zeroash

well I'm sorry to hear that. I've enjoyed having this plugin so up to date and accurate. It's such a better solution for online play than PlayTCG, even if it may not be as popular.

I will state that I could perhaps "take the reins" of keeping this up to date, but I would need to learn everything needed to do so first and see if is indeed feasible. I also couldn't guarantee the level of quality that you have shown, Saethori. But I would try my best.

Trevor

Quote from: zeroash on September 23, 2012, 01:53:57 AM
well I'm sorry to hear that. I've enjoyed having this plugin so up to date and accurate. It's such a better solution for online play than PlayTCG, even if it may not be as popular.

I will state that I could perhaps "take the reins" of keeping this up to date, but I would need to learn everything needed to do so first and see if is indeed feasible. I also couldn't guarantee the level of quality that you have shown, Saethori. But I would try my best.
All you need to update a plugin is to get new card images and fill out more card info in the card data file. If you have any questions, you can IM me.

VisibleDucts

Hi, so I'm pretty new to using LackeyCCG and I've been reading through the plugin creation tutorials and because I was rather interested in the ability to open packs and have a card pool and noticed the Pokemon plugin didn't have it and Aringon's link above no longer works, the first part of the plugin tutorial I read was on how to define packs of cards.

So I messed around for a couple of hours and came up with a packdefinitions.xml that had the code for just booster packs from the Black and White set. But it's far from perfect, I imagine. After researching Pokemon booster packs (Oh yeah, not only am I pretty new to Lackey, but I just restarted playing Pokemon again after....er, I played when the Base set and first expansion came out. So a lot has changed.) the card distribution per pack is straightforward mostly. 5 commons, 3 uncommons, 1 rare - and then where I ran into a problem - 1 reverse holo.
Now, the main "problem" is that I found no reverse holo's in the card data files (in this case, "BlackAndWhiteEra.txt", etc), which makes sense to me since as far as I can tell there could be a reverse holo for basically every card in a set, so it would be finding and adding duplicate images for all the reverse holo's which could potentially be time consuming and it's simply an aesthetic change for a card.
So, I kind of winged it. And I might as well post my code before I talk anymore about it:
<packdefinitions version="1.0">
<pack>
<packtitle>Black and White Booster</packtitle>
<packimage>bwbooster</packimage>
<packformat>standard</packformat>
<packkind>booster</packkind>
<packdoubles>no</packdoubles>
<packcommoncrit><field>Set</field><eval>IS</eval><data>BW</data></packcommoncrit>
<packcommoncrit><field>Stage</field><eval>ISNT</eval><data>Energy</data></packcommoncrit>
<chance>
<prob>39</prob>
<kind><qty>5</qty><crit><field>Rarity</field><eval>IS</eval><data>Common</data></crit></kind>
<kind><qty>3</qty><crit><field>Rarity</field><eval>IS</eval><data>Uncommon</data></crit></kind>
<kind><qty>1</qty><crit><field>Rarity</field><eval>IS</eval><data>Common</data></crit></kind>
<kind><qty>1</qty><crit><field>Rarity</field><eval>IS</eval><data>Rare</data></crit></kind>
</chance>

<chance>
<prob>32</prob>
<kind><qty>5</qty><crit><field>Rarity</field><eval>IS</eval><data>Common</data></crit></kind>
<kind><qty>3</qty><crit><field>Rarity</field><eval>IS</eval><data>Uncommon</data></crit></kind>
<kind><qty>1</qty><crit><field>Rarity</field><eval>IS</eval><data>Uncommon</data></crit></kind>
<kind><qty>1</qty><crit><field>Rarity</field><eval>IS</eval><data>Rare</data></crit></kind>
</chance>

<chance>
<prob>15</prob>
</chance>

<chance>
<prob>11</prob>
<kind><qty>1</qty><crit><field>Rarity</field><eval>IS</eval><data>Rare Halo</data></crit></kind>
</chance>

<chance>
<prob>2</prob>
<kind><qty>1</qty><crit><field>Rarity</field><eval>IS</eval><data>Super-Rare</data></crit></kind>
</chance>

<chance>
<prob>1</prob>
<kind><qty>1</qty><crit><field>Rarity</field><eval>IS</eval><data>Super-Rare Halo</data></crit></kind>
</chance>
</pack>
</packdefinitions>

I tried researching information on how likely (the probability) the reverse holo would be common, uncommon, rare, super-rare, super-rare holo (I did read that there were reverse holo's made for every card in the set, so I'm assuming that includes even the rare holos and super-rare holos.) but I couldn't find any information so I made it simple - probably very wrong, but for my purposes of 1. learning and 2. having something that at least approximated opening a booster it was close enough.
But basically, I counted the number of each rarity in the set and then divided it by the total number of cards in the set, multiplied by 100 and rounded up or down and fiddled a bit to make sure it all equaled 100% after rounding. But, to me, the numbers look kind of high for rare on up.
So, if anyone has any information that might help me with card distribution/probability of booster packs, I would appreciate the information and adjust my file. I do plan on adding more than just the Black and White booster packs, but I'm interested in getting the kinks worked out first.

Which brings me to the second kink, which might not be a kink? (once again, someone with more current knowledge on Pokemon boosters might know.) - due, I'm guessing, to needing to define ... and I think I just figure out how to fix this. But I'll still state what was happening just in case it's normal and doesn't need changed - due to defining a kind for the "reverse holo" but having it pull a normal common, uncommon, rare, etc, it wasn't too hard to end up with doubles of a card. But, maybe it's not abnormal to end up with a normal common and a reverse foil common of the same card in a booster? - Anyway, if not, I'm pretty sure I know how to fix it so it doesn't give doubles now.

Oh, and to add one more question to this already long post (my apologies). After re-reading Bulbapedia's page on booster packs, it looks like the 1 rare also has a chance of being a super-rare or a super-rare holo? So I would also need to fix that if it's the case.

But, yeah, I like doing stuff like this. And I'm strange and love working with XML, so I would be happy with working on the the packsdefinitions.xml bit of the Pokemon plugin if there's an interest. I would just need some help from people who are more familiar with current era Pokemon TCG than I am currently to point me in the right direction to find information on the finer details/math of the contents of a booster pack. Plus stuff like: When Bulbapedia said they make reverse foils of every card in the set, does that include the "secret" super-rare holo?

Once again, sorry for the long post ^^

zeroash

Saethori

Dragon Vault (DV) has been added, thanks to those scans.

Looks like Boundaries Crossed is coming out soon, so please let me know when the set becomes available enough for plugin entry.

zeroash

np glad to see u back :)

I'll make sure to let you know

EDIT: DV is not appearing in the Black & White Era format

Saethori

Boundaries Crossed is now online! Also, about a dozen new promotional cards that were previously missing. Some image files aren't yet available, but I'll be uploading them when I can.

Actually, this update technically went up two days ago, but as the Lackey server was unavailable, nobody could download it... o.o

I also remembered to fix the format text! Hurray for not being totally incompetent... for once. x.x

Saethori

Pokebeach took too long to update their images for Boundaries Crossed, but thanks to the folks at pkmncards.com, I was able to fill in the images for Boundaries Crossed.

FOR MEDIUM-QUALITY USERS: All BC images have been replaced with higher-quality versions. Consider whether you want to update only the new images, or delete your sets\setimages\BC folder and get the new versions of the set.

FOR HIGH-QUALITY USERS: Only the missing images and a couple replacements have been uploaded. The new images are too small to upscale to the increased size without causing undesirable blurriness.

FOR HELPFUL USERS: Someone with a more critical eye than mine, please let me know your opinions on current image quality, for both this set and previous ones! I'm always looking for ways to improve the plugin during times I'm well enough to work, so let me know your preferences!

Xirix

I've just got this plugin set up, hoping to test it out with my sister this weekend.. I'm at a loss on something basic though. How do you play cards face down?

If I remember correctly the only time you play cards face down is at the very beginning so I guess it's not really important, but is the function there somewhere?

Saethori

Quote from: Xirix on December 29, 2012, 04:19:31 PMIf I remember correctly the only time you play cards face down is at the very beginning so I guess it's not really important, but is the function there somewhere?
The ability to play cards face-down is built into LackeyCCG and available to all plugins; just hold CTRL while dragging it onto the field.