News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Pokemon TCG Plugin - Discussion Thread

Started by Saethori, May 01, 2011, 03:41:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zeroash

As usual, thanks for keeping this plugin up to date :)

I like the new counter images, its a nice change from the stock stuff lackey has!

EDIT: I cant seem to find DE cards when i switch to the HGSS-on format. I've tried the usual redownload both lackeyccg and then the plugin, but I still cant see them without leaving the format to "any". Any help would be appreciated, thanx.

Saethori

Quote from: zeroash on April 30, 2012, 12:35:10 AM
EDIT: I cant seem to find DE cards when i switch to the HGSS-on format. I've tried the usual redownload both lackeyccg and then the plugin, but I still cant see them without leaving the format to "any". Any help would be appreciated, thanx.
I really shouldn't be making updates in the dead of night when I'm sleepy, I always forget things. x.x

Updated again to include a fixed format.txt file.

Saethori

Uploaded a minor update tonight, to add the two new promotional cards.
This also includes images for the Shiny Gardevoir, as well as the Volcarona that I completely forgot I had added. x.x Images for full-art Tornadus and Kyogre are still not available in any reasonable quality, however, so I will have to keep searching for them.

Incidentally, at this point in time, I feel I need some quality assurance testers. My health is deteriorating steadily, and every update I upload seems to have some issue or another due to this, so it would be helpful for someone to catch these issues before the greater public downloads the update. If you're interested, and you tend to be up very late at night (close to or past midnight, PST), please send me an IM; I have this username on nearly all of them.

Saethori

Got tired of waiting a month for good-quality versions of Kyogre-EX and Tornadus-EX (Full Art version) pictures to become available, so I uploaded 'close enough' versions.

The set's been out for several weeks, but the only pictures of these two cards online are the exact same ones that have been circulating since the pre-release. Absolutely nobody, including the people selling them on eBay and the formal card-selling websites, evidently thought to actually take the card and stick it onto a flatbed scanner. Not even Nintendo's own official Card Database can get an image of them. -.-

Grumble grumble...

Vongore

Thanks for always keeping this up to date. It's really useful for playtests or playing with some friends when they're away.

I know i'm new here, but i don't lose anything asking.. is there any chance for a plugin that might enable Sealed plays like on Magic? The Dragons Exalted pre release is coming really soon, and sometimes me and a couple friends like to play Sealed on Magic and would love to play it on Pok?mon.

Sorry if this has been asked before.

And again, thanks for the hard work!

Saethori

Quote from: Vongore on July 12, 2012, 02:06:39 AMI know i'm new here, but i don't lose anything asking.. is there any chance for a plugin that might enable Sealed plays like on Magic?
Regrettably, I'm currently in the unusual position of maintaining the Pok?mon Plugin despite knowing absolutely nothing about tournament structures or the like. I don't even really play the TCG anymore, being of a far more casual player than other people using the plugin seem to be. x.x

LackeyCCG itself includes support for sealed play, but it is not something I know enough about to integrate. If someone else was willing to write in the pack definitions and locate images, however, I will gladly include them into the plugin. (If you want to help, contact me on one of my many many IM programs!)

And thank you for noticing the work and love I put into the plugin~

Vongore

Quote from: Saethori on July 12, 2012, 09:37:00 AM
Quote from: Vongore on July 12, 2012, 02:06:39 AMI know i'm new here, but i don't lose anything asking.. is there any chance for a plugin that might enable Sealed plays like on Magic?
Regrettably, I'm currently in the unusual position of maintaining the Pok?mon Plugin despite knowing absolutely nothing about tournament structures or the like. I don't even really play the TCG anymore, being of a far more casual player than other people using the plugin seem to be. x.x

LackeyCCG itself includes support for sealed play, but it is not something I know enough about to integrate. If someone else was willing to write in the pack definitions and locate images, however, I will gladly include them into the plugin. (If you want to help, contact me on one of my many many IM programs!)

And thank you for noticing the work and love I put into the plugin~

I play comp,  but i know nothing how Lackey works behind the program. If someone's willing to tell me how to put the booster images and writing how to randomize the cards i can do it no problem, after all all the plugin does is give you a random ammount of cards.

zeroash

Wow it's been to long! Thanx for update the plugin i can see everything now.

Im sure u know, but the Dragons Exalted scan are coming in.
http://pokebeach.com/#dragons-exalted-scans

Again thanx for all the hard work :)

Saethori

Quote from: zeroash on July 28, 2012, 04:02:02 AM
Im sure u know, but the Dragons Exalted scan are coming in.
Indeed. However, as what is very likely tradition at this point, everything I do will just be preparation, and I won't actually update until (almost) all scans are available.

EDIT: Preparation is complete for all cards currently available, but I can't release until I have all cards filled in, so that may take a couple of days. In the meantime, anyone who was willing to help me beta-test is free to contact me and help me search for typos.

In an absence of anything else to call it (due to all the previous consonants being taken already), I'm currently marking Dragon-type as [N] in the current build. If the TCG community has decided on a different moniker, please let me know so I can update~.

EDIT2: Attempting to work with the plugin has caused me to realize another issue; what to name the set itself within the plugin's two-letter codes. DE is taken by the immediately preceding set, while DX is taken by the Deoxys set back in the EX Era, so... I need an idea. >_>

zeroash

All cards are now out (u prob know that already)

I'd like to help but i got work to to in the evening when id normally be able to help :(

Is "DR" taken?

Saethori

Quote from: zeroash on July 29, 2012, 07:22:52 PM
Is "DR" taken?
By the set "EX Dragon", from the EX Era.

I'm going to plug them in as DG for the time being, and the plugin will be done within half an hour. (So if you have any ideas before then... o.o;)

Saethori

Dragons Exalted is now fully uploaded! I went ahead and uploaded it under the "NG" set code, in absence of any better ideas.

This also includes BW48 (Altaria, the pre-release promo card), as well as bugfixes for DE's Bisharp (duplicate name error, rendering the Metal version unplayable) and NPBW's Kyurem (image file missing).

I've assigned the newly introduced Dragon set the letter-code [N]. (Seeing as how [D], [R], AND [G] were taken....) Because this type doesn't get its own energy, this letter code is only used to reference the type itself, and therefore only appears on a very small number of cards.

zeroash

Thanks! Im looking at it and i will be let u know if I see anything wrong.

I'm not certain but I have a feeling Dragon will eventually get their own energy. And Unless u hear first, ill try to post wat the abrevs are for the set and the energy :)

Saethori

Quote from: zeroash on July 30, 2012, 02:28:13 AM
I'm not certain but I have a feeling Dragon will eventually get their own energy.
Unlikely. On the japanese side of things, they've had three sets (/ pairs of sets) with the dragon type so far, and the dragon type seems to be pretty much stabilizing at the whole "use multiple basic energies" thing. If any sort of Dragon Energy were printed, it would likely be a special energy that acts like Rainbow while attached to Dragons, so it still wouldn't appear in costs.

QuoteAnd Unless u hear first, ill try to post wat the abrevs are for the set and the energy :)
Energy abbreviation would be easy to change, but there really aren't many choices. Out of the remaining letters [N] really does make the most sense, so I really think it would be the official one.

Set abbreviation, on the other hand, would be a lot more hazardous to change; due to the way Lackey stores deck files, modifying the name will render every single deck that has the set invalid.

The best solution, on a long-term scale, would be to change the plugin system to a three-letter set code, but that would render every single deck currently invalid and force everyone to redownload every single image, so it would cause a lot of short-term damage. Last time I cleaned up the plugin even partially like that, I got a lot of complaints, so I'm not exactly keen on repeating it.

Aringon

By "Sealed Plays" do you all mean opening a set number of booster packs and then making a deck from them to play? Because if that's the case that would be relatively easy to make. Want me to do booster pack code for the current sets? (B&W and up)