News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Can't update to build 26-04-11

Started by vulpix13, April 28, 2011, 06:26:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vulpix13

I keep downloading the new update and copying the .exe file over but when I open lackey it still shows that it is the 06-04-11 build and not the 26-04-11 build. I am not sure if the download file is maybe the old one, or what? If anyone can help me it would be greatly appreciated?

Thanks

Trevor

Clear your internet cache and redownload it. This is not a Lackey bug but a dumb thing your internet browser is doing.

Curious... what URL are you trying to download?

vulpix13

I cleared the cache, but it is till downloading the old one. The URL I am downloading from is:

http://www.lackeyccg.com/LackeyCCGBetaWin.zip

Alastair

That's the right URL and the correct zip file is there, just double checked it myself.

Trevor

Quote from: Alastair on April 29, 2011, 03:56:15 AM
That's the right URL and the correct zip file is there, just double checked it myself.
Thanks for verifying. I don't believe there's anything more I can do. Blame the internet browser for doing something dumb and lazy.

Picks-at-Flies

It could also be the ISP caching a copy of it.  You can force refresh webpages, can't think of a way to force refresh a download link.  Have you tried another web browser?

vulpix13

Thanks I used a different ISP and it worked.

Trevor

Quote from: vulpix13 on April 30, 2011, 08:05:49 AM
Thanks I used a different ISP and it worked.
That's news to me. I don't think ISPs would cache things you download. If so, that seems like an extreme invasion of privacy.

Picks-at-Flies

ISPs cache pages for the same reason your computer does:  it saves traffic.  (Just search "ISP cache".)  I'm not an expert, but my vague understanding is:
- They normally only cache busy pages
- I wouldn't expect them to cache secure pages.
- A forced refresh should also trigger the ISP to get a new copy.  This doesn't work on things you can't refresh (like a download).

I can't find any reference to legal requirements for ISP caching, but I've never heard of such a cache being subpoena'd or equivalent.