News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Making Cards Show Up

Started by DarkBrady, May 23, 2011, 02:45:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DarkBrady

Ok, so I just downloaded this earlier today and have been kicking around, thinking it looks like the perfect platform to test a wee CCG me and my mate have been scheming.
I've started to write up the plugin to put it all in and most of it seems to be working fine, the phases and such are all there, but I can't seem to make the cards appear on the deck editor, despite having the images and carddata files in the plugin folder so I've obviously screwed up somethin' somewhere, but becasue it looks like I have everything, am unsure where exactly it is.

Any insights?

(note; in the attached folder, I deleted all the sounds/images so it would fit in the attachment restriction, but in teh actual file they're all still there, in case that matters)

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

Trevor

QuoteCOLUMN0:"Name"   1
COLUMN1:"Set"   1
COLUMN2:"ImageFile"   0
COLUMN3:"Card Type"   1
COLUMN4:"Faction"   1
COLUMN5:"CP Cost"   1
COLUMN6:"CombatType"   1
COLUMN8:"Attack"   1
COLUMN9:"Defence"   1
COLUMN10:"Health"   1
COLUMN11:"Skills"   1COLUMN12:"Effects"   1REUSECARDIMAGES:"yes"

That should be:
COLUMN0:"Name"   1
COLUMN1:"Set"   1
COLUMN2:"ImageFile"   0
COLUMN3:"Card Type"   1
COLUMN4:"Faction"   1
COLUMN5:"CP Cost"   1
COLUMN6:"CombatType"   1
COLUMN7:"Attack"   1
COLUMN8:"Defence"   1
COLUMN9:"Health"   1
COLUMN10:"Skills"   1
COLUMN11:"Effects"   1

REUSECARDIMAGES:"yes"

Also, I would suggest you rename "Card Type" to "Type" as the card part is redundant. (And combat type to simply combat.) You also rename things inconsistently in your card data file and your plugininfo.txt file. For example, "CP Cost" is named in your plugininfo.txt file, but it is "CpCost" in your carddata file. That may seem like the same thing to you, but as far as a computer is concerned, the strings are just as similar as "smurfjuice" is to "donkeyspacepenis".

But the main reason the carddata file is currently invalid is because of tabs causing improper alignment. Look at your card data file in a spreadsheet program like excel and you will see the columns clearly do not line up. You have extra blank columns in the first row, and this invalidates the entire file.

After I made those changes, the card showed up.

DarkBrady

Any chance you can send me a wee copy of what you changed in the .txt file, or post it exactly as is? I changed it to what I thought was right, after what you said but I'm obviously still hittin' somethin' wrong  :-X

I stuck the carddata into excel and saw what you meant, fixed it there and posted it back onto it the .txt but again it seems to be not working.
Am unsure how related that isto the fact that I can still only get up to the 9th column onthe deck editor, even after fixing the number mistake >.<

Trevor

Here ya go.

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

DarkBrady

Cheers works great now!  Am gunna need to have a look over it and keep an eye on it, make sure I've got it sussed ;)

Trevor

Try adding another card and seeing if it still works. If it doesn't, something about the program you use to save the file is messing it up.