News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Please Add the /Mulligan command or button

Started by Biogeek1, May 08, 2011, 06:53:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Biogeek1

I believe every CCG has the option to mulligan.  I am hoping this is a command that can be added.

Essentially
Return all cards in hand to library
Shuffle Library

Does not have to have the draw feature just the top would be nice.

Trevor

Reload the deck. That reshuffles. You can also box select and drag to the deck tab, and then shuffle. Really, its pretty easy. Anything I do to just move the cards to the deck and shuffle would just be pointless. It would rarely be used, and it would clutter up the interface, and there are many ways of doing that function that work just as well. As far as a draw function, I think implicit extra functions like that give people less control. Even if it does the correct thing most of the time, its really annoying when the unthinking computer gives you the wrong amount of cards. It's really easy to things now, so I don't think there is a good reason to change anything.

People get it in there minds that computers are great at automation, and therefore we should have the computer do specific functions for anything we would want to do. In reality, this leads to overly complicated interfaces.

mathman1550

Quote from: Biogeek1 on May 08, 2011, 06:53:08 PM
I believe every CCG has the option to mulligan.  I am hoping this is a command that can be added.
By the way, not every CCG gives this option. For example, the Harry Potter TCG rules specifically state that if you do not like the cards you start with you must keep your hand and keep drawing cards until you get something you can play. There are mechanics built into this game for drawing plenty of cards on your turn (up to three on the first turn if you don't play anything). Just FYI.