News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Saturday Night Cinema : CBG

Started by reelhotgames, December 10, 2009, 02:23:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

reelhotgames

It's been a while since I posted an update, mainly because there hasn;t been any movement worthy of speaking about - still not much to report other than we are hammering away at licensing, and are confident that before we die we will have a game on the market!

Last update was about the switch from pure TCG to a Convertible Board Game (CBG) this was necessary to allow us to try and get some cool licenses that otherwise are unavailable for TCG usage at this time. So for game play it means the base game box will include interlocking puzzle like board pieces, dice and tokens as well as the cards and it is playable for 2-3 out of a single starter box, it is still expandable and customizable and as far as convertible, you can drop the top, lose the everything but the cards and play it is a custoimizable card game. So it's a 2-fer, and we're proud that the system seems to be in place to work under both conditions with very minimal difference in texture and style.

The rulebook is basically done, just waiting to finalize with a glossary, spell check, edit and some minor details.

http://reelhotgames.com/images1/RulebookV999.pdf

thanks to all the lackey supporters, we used lackey for all the playtesting, even in board game form, so great work Trevor and co! And to all of those of you who helped out in various aspects, a big thank you and cheers, it will not be forgotten. I will try and post some cards tonight and perhaps break some rules and post for a brief look of "dream cards".... nudge, nudge, wink wink....

reelhotgames

I thought I would post some of the images of what we took this year to the 2009 NY Licensing Expo, some demo cards that represent the flavor fo the game, we gave packets to prospectives and are actively pursueing many of these titles... Anyhow, I hope you enjoy and get a feel for the flavor of SNC from these demo's. Cheers.

I know it's a lot, but it's one of those - for a limited time only - special holiday deals! Cheers to all, I hope you are happy, heathy and full of joy this holiday season! Cheers.

Cyrus

They all look amazing, and I wish you the best of luck acquiring those licenses, especially the Watchmen one, that would be amazing!

I know you obviously aren't going to change the card design now, but damn is it hard to read those cards for me. Sooo many symbols. Its just because I don't know what they mean, of course, but it seems daunting even to someone who has experience in ccgs to have to remember so many little symbols. I prefer text :) but I hope that I am in the minority.

Keep up the good work, and once again, good luck!

reelhotgames

Thanks for the props - and we are still playing a bit with symbols, they are a bit daunting - though we think once you learn what they mean it makes it smoother, but a few we are thinking of reworking back to text, things like controller, opponent etc...  We shall see hta happens when it all plays out, but thanks again for the encouragement and the feedback, always appreciated.

briggs

Looks INCREDIBLE! Can't wait to play ;D