News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

So... is lackeyCCG dead?

Started by Jynks, November 12, 2016, 10:15:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jynks

Last update was in 2014 or something.... just wondering if there is any movement on this project.. or if real life has taken Trevor away?

I know it wouldn't help the time problem, but Trev should run a kickstarter or a go-fundme or something to get a little help on this.

Alastair

The short answer is I don't know what Trevor's plans are. I know it's been a long time since the program was last updated, however there have been numerous server side fixes since then. Plus whatever he's done for the apple port. I still log into the forums regularly and keep them as spam free as I can.

Jynks

Yeah I figured as much.

I think Trev should run a kickstarter and try and raise some money and make LackeyCCG - 2nd Edition or something : )

Neoteuthis

I just discovered it and it's already dead 😣...
I'm still going to try to build a Pierce plug in though...

Jynks

The application is very functional...

Cyrus

It is really an under-utilized and basically priceless playtesting tool for amateur game makers who don't have time to organize hundreds of playtest games irl. The problem is that most of the popular games have better, game-centric ways to play them online, and the less popular games don't have enough players to get off the ground. At least that's my assumption.

MasterJediAdam

Life happens, and what would be excellent is for Trevor to open the code to an open source community. I think it would get awesome real fast, and those of us who use it regularly could spread the good word.

facethefact

This software is just an update away (cough *custom dice* cough cough) from being the most versatile platform for a lot of board and card games

MasterJediAdam

Quote from: facethefact on January 10, 2017, 01:50:21 PM
This software is just an update away (cough *custom dice* cough cough) from being the most versatile platform for a lot of board and card games
I would bet that the coding is already there. I have started scouring all of the plugins for nuggets that aren't posted anywhere. I have found probably 10% more functionality just by downloading a few extra plugins.

Megalex

Looks like it's dead...

Any alternatives that are still being worked on, or open source?

Alastair

Quote from: Megalex on April 09, 2018, 02:23:44 PM
Looks like it's dead...

Any alternatives that are still being worked on, or open source?

I wouldn't call it dead given that there's still around 20 or so people playing games late in the evening, plus other people still working on plugins. Development of the program itself though has hit a stall till Trevor can find the time to work on it again.

Ajayajayaj

It would nice if it could become open source

Reth

I also really appreciate all that work Trevor and other people put into LackeyCCG. I am using it nearly every day but now I am struggling with some limitations (e.g. cardpool size limit not allowing my to manage my entire card collection etc).

Hence I'd also really like to see LackeyCCG becoming opensource instead of dying silently if Trevor cannot afford the time developing it further.

Trevor

Now that its my summer off, I will be working on it some more.

Reth