News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Host via DDNS

Started by Otep3210, June 19, 2015, 04:03:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Otep3210

Would it be possible to add the ability to host via DDNS as well as IP address?

Trevor

ip address hosting works now.

Otep3210

I know it does, but being able to use a DDNS would be nice. No huge deal but my ISP wants $25/month for a static address. So for my limited use I went with DDNS but Lackey doesn't allow the use of letters in its IP address field.

Burst

I second this request.

Being able to connect to a name rather than a set of numbers would be a lot more convenient.  Especially if/when ip6 is used.

There's no reason not to support it that I can think of.  The functionality is already there.   Requiring an ip address is simply a restriction Trevor decided to enforce.
If you modify the file to put a name in, the field will support it and connect successfully  You just just can't type one in yourself and there are size limits.

Trevor

Quote from: Burst on August 25, 2015, 04:41:17 PM
I second this request.

Being able to connect to a name rather than a set of numbers would be a lot more convenient.  Especially if/when ip6 is used.

There's no reason not to support it that I can think of.  The functionality is already there.   Requiring an ip address is simply a restriction Trevor decided to enforce.
If you modify the file to put a name in, the field will support it and connect successfully  You just just can't type one in yourself and there are size limits.
I'll look into this as soon as I get some time. I've been really busy with my baby recently.