News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

iPad LackeyCCG bug reports

Started by Trevor, August 19, 2014, 09:26:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trevor

Please post bugs specific to the iPad version of Lackey in this thread.

Trevor

Anyone have an iPad mini? Someone reported that Lackey doesn't work well on an iPad mini, but I was under the impression that I had fixed that issue in version 1.0.1.

Pie-eyed-piper

I have 2 ipad minis trev seems to work ok no problems yet but I'll keep you posted.

Trevor

Ok, someone reported that Lackey wasn't working well on his iPad mini, but it turns out he just hadn't installed the 1.0.1 update yet. I was worried there for a moment.

Pie-eyed-piper

I do have one issue so far the scroll down arrow in the deck editor on all the windows in the mtg addon don't work for me.  The sound also buggs out and stoppes working. Not sure why but when spectating i have issues with card selection as in it stops working.

Fendy

I've been trying to get this to work for me and found a few issues.

I was using the Lotr plugin http://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9169569/LackeyCCG/LoTR-LCG/updatelist.txt but I don't believe these issues are specific to the plugin.

1) In the Game tab, In the middle frame, under the "tabletop" frame, there are many different tabs for the game, such as "Encounter", "Encounter Discard",  etc.  On iOS, I cannot see/scroll the entries on the very right, there isn't enough screen space.  I have tried to scroll all the windows away, shrink the font, etc., but I just can't see those right hand tabs for decks, like "Heroes".  I can click the "Zones" section, however I can't see my hand easily either.  I have looked for work a work around to this but I can't find one.

This doesn't look to be an iOS specific problem, I can duplicate it on the PC if I use a small enough window.

Unfortunately, this problem makes LoTR unplayable on the iOS for me, as I can't see and manipulate my hand.

It would be nice if somehow you could scroll the tabs in there or do something else to see/navigate through them.

2) In the game tab, if you drag the separator between the card and table top as far to the left as you can (going off the application), the application minimizes (goes into the background?).  I thought it had crashed the first few times so it doesn't seem like a good behavior.  Not sure what it should do instead.

3) Deck Editor, the first few times I tried this out, using different filters to try to find the cards I wanted to build a deck, the whole application froze.  None of the buttons responded, even the mouse click ones and escape.  I had to shut the application down and restart it completely.

This happened to me three times, then I was able to figure out how to setup a filter and edit a deck correctly.  Since then I have not been able to reproduce this problem, and I do not know what I did to cause it to happen originally either.

I know its not a lot to go on but thought I would report it anyways.

Thanks!

Fendy

Pie-eyed-piper

IPad mini I've been crashing spectating a 3 player MTG EDH game. No idea why was chating and it just crashes.

Trevor

Quote from: Pie-eyed-piper on September 01, 2014, 07:32:51 AM
IPad mini I've been crashing spectating a 3 player MTG EDH game. No idea why was chating and it just crashes.
is this reproducible? Is it specific to the iPad version or does this also happen on desktop?

Trevor

Quote from: Fendy on August 25, 2014, 03:27:02 PM

I was using the Lotr plugin http://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9169569/LackeyCCG/LoTR-LCG/updatelist.txt but I don't believe these issues are specific to the plugin.

1) In the Game tab, In the middle frame, under the "tabletop" frame, there are many different tabs for the game, such as "Encounter", "Encounter Discard",  etc.  On iOS, I cannot see/scroll the entries on the very right, there isn't enough screen space.  I have tried to scroll all the windows away, shrink the font, etc., but I just can't see those right hand tabs for decks, like "Heroes".  I can click the "Zones" section, however I can't see my hand easily either.  I have looked for work a work around to this but I can't find one.

This doesn't look to be an iOS specific problem, I can duplicate it on the PC if I use a small enough window.

Unfortunately, this problem makes LoTR unplayable on the iOS for me, as I can't see and manipulate my hand.

It would be nice if somehow you could scroll the tabs in there or do something else to see/navigate through them.

2) In the game tab, if you drag the separator between the card and table top as far to the left as you can (going off the application), the application minimizes (goes into the background?).  I thought it had crashed the first few times so it doesn't seem like a good behavior.  Not sure what it should do instead.

3) Deck Editor, the first few times I tried this out, using different filters to try to find the cards I wanted to build a deck, the whole application froze.  None of the buttons responded, even the mouse click ones and escape.  I had to shut the application down and restart it completely.

This happened to me three times, then I was able to figure out how to setup a filter and edit a deck correctly.  Since then I have not been able to reproduce this problem, and I do not know what I did to cause it to happen originally either.

I know its not a lot to go on but thought I would report it anyways.

Thanks!

Fendy
i fixed issues 1 and 2. I can't seem to reproduce issue 3. Can you figure out how to reproduce it?

Pie-eyed-piper

Quote from: Trevor on September 01, 2014, 09:14:53 AM
Quote from: Pie-eyed-piper on September 01, 2014, 07:32:51 AM
is this reproducible? Is it specific to the iPad version or does this also happen on desktop?
I have no access to a desktop for a while but as I can tell i can't seem to reproduce it. Happened three times this morning and i tested it after your post and nothing. And did you see my bug post above about the scroll arrows?

joebobjoe

Quote from: Trevor on August 22, 2014, 08:15:41 PM
Anyone have an iPad mini? Someone reported that Lackey doesn't work well on an iPad mini, but I was under the impression that I had fixed that issue in version 1.0.1.
Just downloaded and it seems to crash midway through (probably form loading the tons of card images) for magic. Might be a specific image though as I tried the same game a few times in a row. Kinda low on open memory currently though My main critiques though are that I would like to be able to load an avatar through photos. Also the toggle fullscreen and quit buttons are kinda redundant. Also annoyingly easy to delete a plugin.

Longtime player on desktop and mostly bought app to show support.

Trevor

Quote from: joebobjoe on September 06, 2014, 09:41:09 PM
Quote from: Trevor on August 22, 2014, 08:15:41 PM
Just downloaded and it seems to crash midway through (probably form loading the tons of card images) for magic. Might be a specific image though as I tried the same game a few times in a row. Kinda low on open memory currently though My main critiques though are that I would like to be able to load an avatar through photos. Also the toggle fullscreen and quit buttons are kinda redundant. Also annoyingly easy to delete a plugin.

Longtime player on desktop and mostly bought app to show support.
i thought I removed the toggle full screen from the iPad version. I'll have to check. I think a quit function is still useful on iPad.

The crash is unacceptable and I'm actively investigating it.

Regarding the avatar images from Photos, that's more complicated than it seems. I don't want people using full images since those are usually huge files. Avatar images should be smaller, around 30kb in size. The point of them is that they are shared, and that means they need to be small enough to not use too much bandwidth. Ideally, I would let people use Photos, edit the image, and convert it to a smaller file size, but that's somewhat complicated, and it brings up a few other issues, like inconsistency across platforms. It's definitely something I'd like to do eventually, but there are more useful things I want to add first.

Thank you for your constructive criticism and support. Without it, I wouldn't be able to improve Lackey.

whizbanggang

Quote from: Trevor on September 01, 2014, 09:16:32 AM

Thanks!

Fendy
i fixed issues 1 and 2. I can't seem to reproduce issue 3. Can you figure out how to reproduce it?

Trevor,

I just downloaded the ipad app and noticed this same issue (#1 above re: not able to see/scroll to the right to see the hand tab, etc...  Apologies if I'm dense here but I'm curious what the fix was for this.  I was playing around with the app today, knew something wasn't right, watched the tutorials, and finally saw the above question which is the same issue I have.

Regards,

Bryan

Trevor

Quote from: whizbanggang on September 15, 2014, 06:46:53 PM
Quote from: Trevor on September 01, 2014, 09:16:32 AM

Thanks!

Fendy

Trevor,

I just downloaded the ipad app and noticed this same issue (#1 above re: not able to see/scroll to the right to see the hand tab, etc...  Apologies if I'm dense here but I'm curious what the fix was for this.  I was playing around with the app today, knew something wasn't right, watched the tutorials, and finally saw the above question which is the same issue I have.

Regards,

Bryan
first, I suggest plugin makers use as short a name of zones as possible. Instead of "discard deck" they should name it simply "discard".
But to answer your question, if things don't fit, I add rows until everything fits.