News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Adsulto? -- Collectable Tile Game

Started by axman, January 12, 2010, 11:39:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aardvark

Quote from: malarious on January 19, 2010, 06:15:59 PM
As a note in the third paragraph you say 'bored game' instead of board game.

Can't believe I forgot to mention this.

Quote from: malariousFinal Fantasy Tactics in card form
*drool*

Look forward to giving this a play when you finish. Curious as to how you're going to implement the tiles and map into Lackey tho.

Tokimo

You make a specific backdrop image for playing the game...

aardvark

Quote from: Tokimo on January 19, 2010, 09:06:22 PM
You make a specific backdrop image for playing the game...

Toldja I don't explain myself well.
I didn't mean the board itself so much as the way the tiles are going to be put down. The cards themselves are closer to id cards while the tiles are the actual playing pieces moving about the board.

axman

The main problem with my idea; however, is its not very easily made into a plug in for lackey : / 
I got this "insane" idea just tonight though... why not make my own version of lackey specifically designed to play my game?  (kind of like MTGO, except for my game idea :P).

The only problem with that insane idea is I do not know a lick of programming =(
And ideas?

Tokimo

You make the hexes on the BG image sized so that you can fit one card in a hex. Not sure what ratios that is off the top of my head.

You don't want to write your own LackeyCCG. It's not a small beast. Without any programming experience you'd make a lot of mistakes too and end up rewriting it all a few times (if you want to learn to program I suggest you start with Rock-Paper-Scissors).

I likely will write my own card player so that I can connect to ad servers and/or my own card store, but I have a BS in Computer Science and am still not looking forward to that task.

sneaselx

Python is also a good place to start learning programming. It's relatively simple and easy to understand, is actually a very powerful language, and will help you learn basic programming concepts easier than more low-level languages like C.

By the way, what language was Lackey originally made in, and is the source code available?

Tokimo

Probably C or C++, and I don't believe Trevor lets anyone have the source, although I've never tried asking.

axman

Quote from: Tokimo on January 20, 2010, 06:17:44 AM
You make the hexes on the BG image sized so that you can fit one card in a hex. Not sure what ratios that is off the top of my head.

You don't want to write your own LackeyCCG. It's not a small beast. Without any programming experience you'd make a lot of mistakes too and end up rewriting it all a few times (if you want to learn to program I suggest you start with Rock-Paper-Scissors).

I likely will write my own card player so that I can connect to ad servers and/or my own card store, but I have a BS in Computer Science and am still not looking forward to that task.

I do have some programing experience in web design (aka PHP, mysql, HTML, CSS, ect.)
Unfortunately PHP =! C++  (and yes, I just made a programming reference there L=:P)

One of the reasons why I would consider making my own program is in order to host competitions.  Competition, in my opinion, is one of the main reasons games like MTG have become so successful.  I would like to have the ability to host tournaments for my game, even if they are free.  Unfortunately I'm not sure if lackey would support this. 

legend zero

Lackey could be used as a platform, however, with third part sites and software to run different tournaments, we're going to have a running league with H4Ck3Rs_ once we get a few final things in place for Reboot.

If you're interesting in maybe working together for running an Adsulto game, send me a PM or catch me in the chat. I'm really interested in the game concept so far.

axman

I sent you a PM.

On a side note: I "plan" on making the first set a "Alpha" and/or "Beta" set.  (similarly to the core set in MTG). 
I've already planned the concept behind the first actual expansion (and the story line that follows it).  I have way to much free time on my hands 0_o

axman

BTW:  I do have a website as well.  Not really a website for the game, just  website in general for all of my ideas.

axmanonline.com 

axman

Here are updated skins!  enjoy 

[attachment deleted by admin due to disk space availablility]

legend zero

If you're going to center the effect boxes, do so for all cards. The top card is centered while the hottom is not.

Borders reveal the art at the bottom, big booboo there, and honestly yhe copyright should go on bottom, it fits the overall game idea better. At the top its kind of immersion breaking.