The new version of Lackey is official. You need to download it to play.

Started by Trevor, November 18, 2010, 03:26:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alash

Trevor

Quote from: Alash on November 28, 2010, 07:50:51 AM
See attachment.
What happened? Were you actually disconnected from the server or was that just an incorrect warning? Did that happen more than once? What preceded it? Were you in a game? Is it reproducible? Screenshots are helpful, but I need to know the context.

TheBuck

I still can not connect. I was able to connect just fine to the test server.

Error msg reads THERE WAS AN ERROR CONNECTING TO THE SERVER. SHUCKS

Tried both refreshing the server list (Connect to server from tracker list is grayed out) and connecting via server IP. Yes I have 11/28 ver.

Trevor

Quote from: TheBuck on November 28, 2010, 10:57:16 PM

Tried both refreshing the server list (Connect to server from tracker list is grayed out) and connecting via server IP. Yes I have 11/28 ver.
What IP and port were you trying to connect to?

TheBuck

Quote from: Trevor on November 29, 2010, 12:55:56 AM

66.65.20.193:25710
                  :25711
                  :25714

I looked on the first page of this thread and the IP is gone so that is why I'm using the one above.

Trevor

Quote from: TheBuck on November 29, 2010, 01:28:31 AM
Quote from: Trevor on November 29, 2010, 12:55:56 AM

66.65.20.193:25710
                  :25711
                  :25714

I looked on the first page of this thread and the IP is gone so that is why I'm using the one above.

Try only 66.65.20.193:25711. Maybe there was an error caused by your attempt to use the other ports. Relaunch before you make any attempts.

Are you on any sort of firewall or router that might prohibit you from making an outward TCP and UDP connection?

TheBuck

I am behind a fire wall just like I was when the test server was up and haven't changed anything on my end to prohibit me from jumping on.

Tried what you said and it's still a no go. I get the same msg as before.

Alastair

Quote from: TheBuck on November 29, 2010, 10:30:53 AM
I am behind a fire wall just like I was when the test server was up and haven't changed anything on my end to prohibit me from jumping on.

If you've updated Lackey, you might need to allow the new exe through your firewall. If you haven't updated since the test server, you certainly need to.

TheBuck

Quote from: Alastair on November 29, 2010, 11:26:51 AM
Quote from: TheBuck on November 29, 2010, 10:30:53 AM

If you've updated Lackey, you might need to allow the new exe through your firewall. If you haven't updated since the test server, you certainly need to.

Still a no go. Same msg still shows up.

Carabas

I've updated lackey, and it still give me the 'disconnected fo realz'

Trevor

Quote from: Carabas on November 30, 2010, 03:14:37 AM
I've updated lackey, and it still give me the 'disconnected fo realz'
When? Does it repeatedly do this? It should give you this message if the server is restarted or your internet connection fails. Did you check to see if you actually WERE disconnected? Could you still see chat in the server log?

Carabas

It gives me the message, and disconnects me completely. I haven't been able to have a game longer than maybe 15 minutes before it kicks me, but I've been able to talk in chat much longer. My other internet services work fine during this time, and often, when I try and reconnect, it will tell me that someone with my username is still connected to the server, although they don't appear in the user list if I change my username and log on.

Alash

The connection's working fine now, so that's good. Kind of an off-topic, but it's becoming an issue. There are a few players on Lackey who seem to take a joy in harassing others, joining their games to simply take out the slot, spam the chats and abuse the freedom of Lackey to cheat. No naming needed - those who frequent Lackey a lot know who they are. My point is that the ignore button doesn't solve the issue. Sure I can't read what they're saying, but they can still join my games, and if I go to password protect them others won't be able to join either (expecting them to whisper you for the password isn't realistic). My question, then:

Could you do it so that people put on ignore can't join your game?

Alash

Quote from: DemonicSei on December 02, 2010, 07:33:31 AM
Alash, why not tell them that you don't want to play them first?
See what their reaction will be. Some might surprise you!

PS: If you are talking about me (because you left the game when I joined yours), know that if you would have asked me to leave, I would have left in a flash. If that's not the case, well like I said, try telling them first. You might be surprised.

Patrick

This is not a personal dispute. I'm merely giving feedback on one of the new features.

Let's stay on topic.

Trevor

Quote from: Alash on December 02, 2010, 07:27:40 AM
Could you do it so that people put on ignore can't join your game?
That sounds like a good idea but it's actually more complicated that in sounds. Right now, ignoring is done client side. If I were to make it so you couldn't join a game if they were ignoring you, that would mean everyone's lackey would have to know who everyone else's has on ignore. Also, what about a game with more than one player where one player has one other on ignore? There are several more issues too.

For the near future, ignore people, and if you really don't want them joining your game, you can use a password. I'll come back to this later.