The new version of Lackey is official. You need to download it to play.

Started by Trevor, November 18, 2010, 03:26:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trevor

Quote from: ghostdragon on November 21, 2010, 05:33:18 AM
I still can't get LackeyCCG to start because the application configuration is incorrect. I'm using Windows XP with Service Pack 3
Try downloaded it directly from the downloads page, unzipping it, and run it freshly from the folder.

ghostdragon

I've done as you suggested and it's still coming up that the application configuration is incorrect. I also checked and I'm definitely using SP3 but it didn't work on SP2 (I installed the upgrade in the hope the program would work then).

Code Money

Has anyone run into the problem using cthulhu_lcg or any other plugin wherein playing solitaire the story cards don't load with your deck?

I'm runnin' a Mac btw. Thanks in advance.

Remag

Hi Trevor. I am running Lucid Linux with recent Wine and it seems I have erred in downloading the new version as per your instructions and accidentally downloaded the whole new version as far as I know rather than just the exe. file. When I connect I am informed that I have an old version (19) and I am soon disconnected when attempting to play a game.

Is there a way I can get the original download and exact instructions as to how to transfer the .exe file only or another fix if you please?

Great job bringing LackeyCCG to us by the way, especially us Mac and Linux users.

Trevor

Quote from: Remag on November 22, 2010, 05:01:22 PM
Hi Trevor. I am running Lucid Linux with recent Wine and it seems I have erred in downloading the new version as per your instructions and accidentally downloaded the whole new version as far as I know rather than just the exe. file. When I connect I am informed that I have an old version (19) and I am soon disconnected when attempting to play a game.

Is there a way I can get the original download and exact instructions as to how to transfer the .exe file only or another fix if you please?

Great job bringing LackeyCCG to us by the way, especially us Mac and Linux users.
Just take the fresh download from the downloads section, which is the 11-21-10 version at the moment. Then put your old lackey's plugins folder inside it. That should work. If for some reason you don't see the 11-21-10 version, clear your internet cache and try again.

Alash

Updating to build 11-23-10 worked from a strictly practical perspective, but once all files have been replaced and you hit the executable the version inside the app is still 11-21-10 and you're unable to host new games because of it.

Trevor

Quote from: Alash on November 23, 2010, 07:52:29 AM
Updating to build 11-23-10 worked from a strictly practical perspective, but once all files have been replaced and you hit the executable the version inside the app is still 11-21-10 and you're unable to host new games because of it.
Clear your internet cache and try again. Everyone else is able to download it, so I know I posted the right version.

institute

I cant select add a pack without the application crashing (build 11-23-10)

whizzerd

having the same problem with the add a pack feature (windows 11/23 build)

Alastair

The add pack crash is a known bug. Fix for it should be fairly soon. Next release or two (I'm not certain if Trevor has fixed it by the release for later today).

Trevor

Quote from: Alastair on November 24, 2010, 04:12:58 AM
The add pack crash is a known bug. Fix for it should be fairly soon. Next release or two (I'm not certain if Trevor has fixed it by the release for later today).
Fixed, as well as some other things. I'm working on that DC issue now.

ghostdragon

I'm still getting the same message, I have absolutely no idea what to do now.

Trevor

Alash

I don't know which of these you're aware of, so I'll just list all bugs I've encountered in build 11-24:

1) Card images mixed up. A Chromatic Star on my opponent's screen is a Lucent Liminid on mine. It's unknown whether this is a one-time exception or a general bug.
2) Inability to sort cards freely in the Hand tab. No matter how you drag them they will always end up on the leftmost spot.
3) Timeout from the server after a relatively short period of time - sometimes manifested by not being able to load decks when joining games and an account name renamed to "Unknown", sometimes not at all.

I think that's it for now. Keep up the good work :)

Trevor

I just posted a new Lackey that I think fixes the networking bugs people reported. I think it also fixes the bug where you wouldn't be set to the game tab automatically when you joined a game.

Let me know if anyone experiences any more disconnect bugs, or bugs where one player can speak but the other players don't see it. Or anything else.