News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Missing Plugins

Started by Sheepdog, December 09, 2009, 06:59:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Calder84

There is also a yahoo group completely dedicated to battletech including a download for the plugin withing the group. Might help with coordination if you are really into it as well. Ive played with a couple of the guys from it.

http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/BattleTech-CCG/

GnKoichi

Is anyone interested in a plugin for Decipher's Fight Klub game? I can make it myself if anyone would like it.

chriscone

I already have a plugin in my lackey directory named fightclub but have never tried it or seen where its been updated.

GnKoichi

Would you mind hosting a zip of it somewhere for me? If it's the right game, I can get it up to date. Thank you!

chriscone

I know someone told me before but I don't have a record of what sites are good to post to?

GnKoichi

aardvark

seconded. I've never had any complaints about mediafire. I don't mind using rapidshare or megaupload that much, or depositfiles for that matter.

chriscone

ok, i've uploaded the plugin here let me know if you can retrieve it. about 26 mg.

http://www.mediafire.com/?yztckj3hgi0

netfirecat

I'm looking for a functioning Digimon TCG, the one on the pluggin list i use doesn't work properly, i just tried it...

GnKoichi

Confirmed! That plugin is for the decipher game Fight Klub. I'll see what I can do to get it updated unless someone knows who owns it.

theletterm

Chriscone, when I download the plugin, it tells me that "1_073_U_VileMachete.jpg" in Set One is corrupt.  Can you double check?

GnKoichi

That image is missing from the plugin. I'll add it as part of my update. Again, if anyone knows who this plugin was created by, please let me know. I don't want to tread on someone else's work.

OnyxVerde

GnKoichi i found this the other day on the FightKlub website:
http://www.decipher.com/forums/10/topics/3465

i think this was where the plugin originated (and concidentally, what made me revisit Lackey!). By the sound of things Axlotl doesnt mind people modifying his work. You could always contact him directly through the website to check though, but you'll need to register first...

Im about to check the plugin now. i reckon if it contains cards from Three then Axlotl is definitely the author of the plugin, judging from the remarks in his post.

<EDIT> It seems the plugin only hass the cards from sets One and Two, so i guess Axlotl isnt the author after all. Might be worth giving hi a shout anyway to avoid duplication of effort...

GnKoichi

Apparently the original creators of that plugin were asked politely to stop by Decipher. I have no issue continuing work on the plugin, as I firmly believe a program like Lackey leads to increased sales of CCGs, not reduced sales. That being said, if anyone has links to the images for 3, I will gladly add them. My usual sources don't have them yet.

I did already add the missing image and removed many redundant files that simply took up space, so if people would like a repost of the current plugin, I can do.

Snooby

I know exactly who created the FK plugin :)

The FK plugin saga was rather frustrating. Initially the card images and data were provided by a Lackey forum memeber who wanted to remain nameless (at least in Decipher's eyes) and the conversion into a working plugin was done by myself.

Later on, I was approached by someone from the FK forums who was interested in working on his own version of the plugin and needed my help. I informed him that the plugin was already done, but not released, and together we debugged the plugin (as he was familiar with the rules and gameplay). Once we were both happy with it I released it on my website. He announced it on the FK forums and said it was all his own work. He then had the cheek to come here and do the same and, when challenged, called me some rather unpleasant names!

In the end he was shotdown by Decipher, shame, but they never contacted me (even though I am also registered on the Dechiped FK forums) with a "Cease and Desist" notice. The plugin was available in my site until I decided to close the site down following another disagreement about who had the right to host my plugins - I stupidly thought it was me, but there you go :/