I've been waiting for a long time to catch that cheater on a screenshot!

Started by StreetFighter, March 12, 2011, 01:30:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

StreetFighter

salmonofdoubt

Quote from: DemonicSei on March 12, 2011, 01:32:57 AM
Oh, and Trevor... could you please make sure he gets a ban or a warning? Not for the cheating, but for his stupid username and vendetta info. Thank you!

First of all, I don't see where he cheated, could you point it out to me? Second, this is quite hypocritical of you, DemonicSei. Do you remember the last time someone caught you cheating? There is a long thread titled "Cheating" (http://www.lackeyccg.com/forum/index.php?topic=855.0) where your own exploits are recorded in detail. You probably shouldn't be pointing fingers when your own behavior is dubious.

salmonofdoubt

Quote from: salmonofdoubt on March 13, 2011, 01:16:23 PM
Quote from: DemonicSei on March 12, 2011, 01:32:57 AM
Oh, and Trevor... could you please make sure he gets a ban or a warning? Not for the cheating, but for his stupid username and vendetta info. Thank you!

First of all, I don't see where he cheated, could you point it out to me? Second, this is quite hypocritical of you, DemonicSei. Do you remember the last time someone caught you cheating? There is a long thread titled "Cheating" (http://www.lackeyccg.com/forum/index.php?topic=855.0) where your own exploits are recorded in detail. You probably shouldn't be pointing fingers when your own behavior is dubious.

I just scrolled over to the side of the image, and now I see where he tried to cheat, so I retract my question. Of course, trying to play something from the graveyard does seem a little familiar...

Trevor

I don't moderate people doing things like cheating, or bad sportsmandship (unless its extreme abuse).
This falls under the category of, if you don't like someone don't play with them again, just like in real life.

Trevor

Quote from: DemonicSei on March 13, 2011, 02:46:04 PM
Quote from: Trevor on March 13, 2011, 02:42:40 PM
I don't moderate people doing things like cheating, or bad sportsmandship (unless its extreme abuse).
This falls under the category of, if you don't like someone don't play with them again, just like in real life.

I understand that. I know you banned his IP because of the name he was using and that's fine with me. Problem solved on my end. If you guys want to lock this thread, that's fine.
Yes, impersonation, or calls to action, are not allowed for names. A name is supposed to be how YOU are identified and that is their sole purpose.

If a person wants someone banned, come to me and make your case. Don't do it in your name. I banned that person's IP for 7 days.

Lontime_goon

Its funny because I seemed to catch you cheating on screenshot.

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

Bob the Builder

wow.. cries about cheaters, then cheats himself..very sportsmanlike there Demon boy..

Lontime_goon

Hey some people have mentioned to me that they cant see the screen shot let me know if you are having problems

salmonofdoubt

Quote from: DemonicSei on March 30, 2011, 08:59:09 PM
Hey Goon! Problem here is not about the cheating. It's about the impersonation or username being suggestive.

I believe Goon is merely pointing out your extreme hypocrisy in posting a complaint about cheating, explaining in other posts how pointless it is to cheat, and then doing it yourself and getting caught. This serves as a warning to the community rather than an appeal for a ban. I think this is the appropriate thread for it, because it is placed in context with your posts about other people cheating and the irony is crystal clear.

Suffice to say, while your behavior is not ban-worthy, it is so unsportsmanlike that I would advise anyone on Lackey not to play with you. I have to say, I'm very disappointed that anyone would play magic this way. I thought you had changed since the last time you were caught cheating, Demonicsei. I guess I was wrong.

xchokeholdx

@ DemonicSei.

You might want to re-read this topic then, as the overlying subject is not the impersonation of your user name, but that fact that you caught a cheater.

As evidence shows us, you cheat as well.

Pot - Kettle.

It would be wise for you to let this whole thing go, and focus more on NOT cheating yourself, lest players will no longer play against you.

take advice when given.

salmonofdoubt

Quote from: DemonicSei on March 31, 2011, 12:17:26 AM
Again Grok, I don't care about you or what you think.

The goal of this was to get someone banned for using a suggestive username (and impersonation at times too). He got caught and was given an IP ban of 7 days (that must have been his 2nd time because Trevor usually gives a 1 day ban on a first offense). But ever since he got back, he used BanDemonicSei (suggestive), Demonic and DemonicSeis (both impersonation). I pointed it out to Trevor in private and public to make sure he sees it.

Trevor clearly stated: "Yes, impersonation, or calls to action, are not allowed for names. A name is supposed to be how YOU are identified and that is their sole purpose... I banned that person's IP for 7 days."

Thank you for explaining the reason you made this thread, but I was able to figure that out by myself. You have failed to respond in any meaningful way to the post by Goon or my follow-up.

I guess I'll just explain what you've been doing here, rather than make an entirely new thread:

Basically, DemonicSei has decided to claim that most of the negative things that he has done on Lackey were actually his son logging into his account and impersonating him. He wants an excuse that will completely cover him, as well as explain why all the abuse comes from the same IP address. Needless to say, I find the veracity of that claim to be dubious at best. For some reason, DemonicSei also decided to threaten to sue me. This is also included in the screenshot below due to its humorous and disturbing nature.

DemonicSei, if you don't want to be publicly humiliated, please stop blatantly cheating and threatening people. Just use Lackey for its intended purpose: to play card games for fun.

About the attachments: The first one is an image of a conversation I had when DemonicSei entered my game to berate me earlier tonight. The second is what he said shortly after in the lobby. The third is what he said in a private message much earlier while I was drafting that I did not see until later. Notice that in a later chat he claims to have never put me on ignore, but in the earlier one he clearly states his intention to. If he can't even keep his story straight about when he's putting me on ignore, I don't know if I can believe anything else he says. It seems to me that his son is hijacking his account whenever it is convenient for him.

TheBuck

Not gonna lie I think I may miss all of the issues that he causes just because I find them fun to read.