News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Question about LackeyCCG

Started by ThePaperBoy, March 28, 2011, 12:38:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThePaperBoy

Im not so sure this is the right place for this post sorry if it is just seem like the best place for it.

Now to get on with my question. I have a bunch of friends who i have talked into getting the program to play along with and when we want to play we don't always have access to the internet but our computers are on the same LAN. Is it possible to host and connect to a game over just LAN with out internet serves. I have looked around and have yet to find a answer to this or if it's even possible.

mathman1550

Yes it is possible. Use the main menu instaed of the server menu.
First player selects New Game
Second player uses same menu and connect to first players game using their IP

Trevor

One person chooses "Start hosting a game" from the main menu. Others choose "Join a game by IP" and enter in the LANIP (not wanip) of the host.

ThePaperBoy

Ok im going to try this tonight. I'll post back if there is still problems with this cause im pretty sure that we tried it this way and it still didn't work. Do i have to click the "Refresh" button to pick up my local ip from the LAN? or should it work with out hitting that at all?

ThePaperBoy

Ok well here is what i discovered. I run a Mac and if i try to host no one can connect to my game but if my friend on his windows computer hosts the game i can connect to him no problem so we will just have to do it this way for now not sure if its a problem in the mac build or something else. I'll be trying a couple of other things to get it to work off of my mac see if i can be successful with hosting a game off it.