News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Packs Help

Started by r0cknes, January 10, 2011, 10:27:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

r0cknes

Hey I get the idea of packs but how do you keep cards unusable until they are opened in a booster pack? If you can't what is the purpose of packs?

Trevor

There is nothing forcing you to use only packs opened, but you can open packs and have a restricted pool from which to build decks. This is for doing things like opening, say, 6 packs and building a deck from them.

r0cknes

Well, Let me just tell you what I am trying to do. My friends and I all like to play the naruto ccg. We can't do it in person so I was hoping to do it with this program. The plugin that is made for the game gives you full access to every card. is there a way to limit cards to each player? So, for example I might open a pack and be able to use card 1-50, and say my friend could use cards 25-75. Simple example, but I hope you understand. Thanks

r0cknes

Ok, I made a sample pack. and I understand what you were talking about in the previous post. I am really new to the program. I think I did something wrong making the booster pack. I can see the pack in the program and it recognizes that there is 22 cards in the pack, but when I choose the pack no cards go into my card pool. I am still playing with it but if you have any thoughts let me know. Thanks for your help and forgive me for being such a newb.

Trevor

Unless you are the plugin maker, you shouldn't be altering any files like packdefinitions. If you are the plugin maker, post the file and I'll tell you what is wrong with it.