News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Plugin Creation help

Started by Kenku, December 31, 2010, 11:43:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kenku

Hey all,

I don't know if this would make more sense in here or the bug page, but I need some help. Im trying to create a plugin for a card game that I play and RPG, and I think I have followed the Plugin Creation Tutorial to a tee. However, every time I try to load the plugin in Lackey, it immediatly crashes. Does anyone know why it would do that?

Also, I could send the plugin to someone to look at, although I may have to sent it without the card image files.

Will

mathman1550

Attach your txt files here and I'll take a look at them. Plugins can crash in so many ways its hard to tell what could be wrong until we see the files. If there is nothing wrong with the txt files we can look at file location and other things.

Kenku

Here's the text files.

Folder Heiarchy is:

MSFHigh
   sets
      setimages
         Baseset
            -Card Images 0001-0211
         general
            -cardback.jpg
            -spawned.jpg
          setinfo.txt
    plugininfo.txt
    setlist.txt

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

Trevor

You should use the newer plugin format.

Kenku

Could I have a link to that then? Was just going off the tutorial listed on the website.

Picks-at-Flies

There isn't a revised tutorial yet.  I would add it to my to-do list but it's already quite long.  However, just look at plugininfo.txt from another plugin and you should be able to work out how it works.

mathman1550

I changed your plugininfo to the new version and removed the Quotation marks from your setinfo. Download the attached and it should no longer crash Lackey when you try to switch to this plugin. (hopefully)

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

Kenku

Yep it works ;D  So what exactly do I need to do to make sure I don't have the issues later?

mathman1550

First, If you use Excel to create your setinfo.txt you will need to re-open it after you save using wordpad or notepad and replace all the quotation marks with blanks.
If you make another new plugininfo.txt use an existing plugin, like Magic, and make changes to it to suit your wants. That way you have the new plugin format and if it stops working you will know it was something you did.

Kenku

Ok ill keep that in mind for next time. Thanks for the help!

Picks-at-Flies

Two things to remember if using Excel:
a) There is a 255 character limit on exports from Excel (if you have long card text).  The only improvement I have found on this is Access 2010 (and presumably 2011 for our Mac users).
b) You can set the 'text deliminator' to {blank} when exporting as a text deliminated file (at least in the latest version).