News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Bloodstone (Siege CCG) idea

Started by Malagar, December 29, 2010, 10:59:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malagar

@xchokeholdx

Thanks for becoming a fan on facebook. I really only use it to "market" my game idea a bit, there are just so many people on fb. Besides that, its not really my terrain either.

You will have to wait a bit for the rules to be released, just like i told @snowdrop. the reason is that i use my blog to release the rules step-by-step. each chapter is carefully layouted and this takes a while. two simple introductory chapters have been released so far - so, stay tuned!

@All

Updated the card template a bit, this is close to what I call "alpha". the old icons where too colorful and where replaced by monochrome and scaleable ones. also cleaned some edges and fonts, re-aligned some of the layout components. ignore the text for now - its just the template. more soon on my blog, where i explain the different card-types next

xchokeholdx

To be honest, I don?t like the new icons that much, it is missing reality and color.

at least make them in a different color or texture, so that they are easier to distinguish from each other. Maybe the heart icon could get a red glow, the shield icon greyish(silver) or brownish, the sandoftime could use some yellow and the flame some flames! :)

I like the shapes, but it all feels a bit "pasted on", and has not really a connection with the background...

dunno, just my 2 cents..

Malagar

@xchokeholdx

thanks for the feedback. i also kept the old version, just to have a backup. i am toying with different layouts while preparing the drafts for the upcoming blog entries, so the templates could change a few times. i think about making a poll to let people decide for the final template.

the main reason why i have chosen the new icons are:

1. the old ones where stolen from world of warcraft
2. the new icons come in much higher resolution and are scaleable,
3. the readability of the numbers is better because of higher contrast
4. the new icons look much more neutral, so it does not matter wich faction a card belongs to - the icons are always easily recognizeable. in the old version the icon for speed was a shoe, wich does not fit if the card is a cavalry unit or a building

maybe i come up with a blend of both versions. but, this is just cosmetic, it does not affect the game itself

Dragoon

I like all new icons except the damage icon. Gold cost icon could be better too. Maybe you should skip power and use a weapon keyword for attack. This also allows some units to have two weapons (i.e. a dagger and a bow, just thinking)

Malagar

@Dragoon / All

Good idea about the dual-weapons. could not find a better goldcoin icon

If you have an scaleable black and white iconset for swords, axes, polearms, arrows, maces and daggers - throw it into my direction!

PS: Blog was just updated