News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Trolls really being taken care of by Trevor?

Started by StreetFighter, December 10, 2010, 02:48:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alastair

Quote from: Remag on December 12, 2010, 01:26:45 PM
A troll fest would imply, beyond the obvious, more than one troll coming together for a fest(ival).

Since it would appear I am lumped into this would you kindly explain how and why you think I am a part of your judgement regarding such?

Not feeling the love here, especially concerning my contributions. Are things so insecure here as to warrant such defensiveness? Sorry for taking a stance.

By the way, again, I do not side with Sei so much as inquire into the issue for definition and yes his tone and manner is becoming trollish. Add to say that I should have clarified that I do not think Palmer should be banned for such statements, however, a warning would not hurt and would be justifiable as well as sensical.       

You may want to re-read what I said before you decide to take offense at something that you were no part of.

Remag

Where does being sorry I got involved or not feeling the love at the moment equate to being offended? Just asking for clarity. Thanks.

Cyrus

Man, this isn't a human rights issue, it's a matter of using the darn ignore button instead of letting some dumbass on the internet get under your skin.
At this point I'd actually suggest Trevor remove banning and let everyone hash it with the ignore feature, which I feel is more than adequate. All I really care about is that Lackey continues to improve as much as it has recently (really good work Trevor, the new versions work really well, for me at least) and the banning feature seems to be hindering progress by distracting our lovable admin from his task at hand.
DemonicSei, it isn't your fault, but you are a next-level troll feeder. Just don't take things so personally. Obviously some random dude on the internet doesn't actually want you to get hit by a bus, he's just trying to get a rise out of you. Every time you do take it personally or otherwise respond to him instead of just ignoring him, you are playing into his twisted passion of messing with dudes on the internet.
Lastly; Trevor, have you thought of making the ignore feature target ip addresses instead of usernames? That way trolls couldn't just change their names and continue the harassment?

Remag

Quote from: Cyrus on December 12, 2010, 03:05:01 PM
Man, this isn't a human rights issue, it's a matter of using the darn ignore button instead of letting some dumbass on the internet get under your skin.
At this point I'd actually suggest Trevor remove banning and let everyone hash it with the ignore feature, which I feel is more than adequate. All I really care about is that Lackey continues to improve as much as it has recently (really good work Trevor, the new versions work really well, for me at least) and the banning feature seems to be hindering progress by distracting our lovable admin from his task at hand.
DemonicSei, it isn't your fault, but you are a next-level troll feeder. Just don't take things so personally. Obviously some random dude on the internet doesn't actually want you to get hit by a bus, he's just trying to get a rise out of you. Every time you do take it personally or otherwise respond to him instead of just ignoring him, you are playing into his twisted passion of messing with dudes on the internet.
Lastly; Trevor, have you thought of making the ignore feature target ip addresses instead of usernames? That way trolls couldn't just change their names and continue the harassment?

Yeah okay, here is an offended tone for ya but don't take my word for it. I can be the guy that is wrong here, no problem. I can handle it. Although we can chalk up another assumption ... And that is how you know what that troll thought or intended or what his or her motivations are / were? Come on, really, you cannot be sure unless it is you or you know who it is. Man, this is not about free speech it is about image, more members, less disruption and something more important. For those who say this is not a Human Rights issue, well, let's see...

Human Rights: "The basic rights and freedoms that all humans should be guaranteed, such as the right to life and liberty, freedom of thought and expression, and equality before the law."

Notice how that sentence is ordered (for a reason). That's right, it is largely and widely supported that (other) liberty comes before freedom of expression (unless a matter of truth, which again this was not).

What about this one?

"Human rights are those rights which are held by all human beings. The concept of human rights is a universalist product of the Enlightenment" or...

"Human rights is the idea of universal rights for every human." Well I will be dipped. Universal. What's that mean bubba? Well I know the universal rule is not "Don't be a douchebag."

In fact it is the Golden Rule. And what is that? Something about harm....

Do not try telling me Human Rights are confined to modern Acts or to only grave and severe actions and do not attempt to patronize me if you please. Just trying to cover bases with that. :)

But since you have no problem with it I tell ya what, here's a conciliatory  ... I hope you, Cryus (or any one else who is okay with this kind of thing), go get hit by a bus (and live) while I will not be offended when you, Cyrus, put me on ignore like just about every point I have made in this thread, like for example...

1) How acceptance of oppressive abuse does not gel or reflect well on any forum and inevitably costs more in the long run from loss when not dealt with rather than taking seconds to issue warnings and the occasional temporary ban, and

2) How "hate speech" is a form of oppressive abuse, kinda like Trevor's initial example that used color and genitalia instead.

3) How warnings are an easy deterent especially when the community is doing it through backing each other up which I do agree will suffice most of the time, but

4) Ignoring them and they go away is untrue and not likely most of the time, for a nutshell.

But, by all means, welcome ignorance if that's your thing. I will leave it at that and deter.

Trevor

Trevor

Quote from: DemonicSei on December 12, 2010, 06:21:12 PM
Quote from: Trevor on December 12, 2010, 06:04:02 PM
Banned for 1 day for first offense.

Thanks Trevor! NOW you're talking!

PS: And he is on my IGNORE list now. But to ban them for a day usually make them think about it... I hope you understand? Now, you don't think that a "death wish" is worse than "maybe suck his dick?" ?
No, I don't. A death wish is not obscene. Its pretty tame, actually.

Trevor

Quote from: DemonicSei on December 12, 2010, 07:51:24 PM
Quote from: Trevor on December 12, 2010, 06:35:58 PM
Quote from: DemonicSei on December 12, 2010, 06:21:12 PM
Quote from: Trevor on December 12, 2010, 06:04:02 PM
Banned for 1 day for first offense.

Thanks Trevor! NOW you're talking!

PS: And he is on my IGNORE list now. But to ban them for a day usually make them think about it... I hope you understand? Now, you don't think that a "death wish" is worse than "maybe suck his dick?" ?
No, I don't. A death wish is not obscene. Its pretty tame, actually.

Then I so wish you would die...  ;D
Just because I don't think it's overly offensive doesn't mean I don't think people who say it aren't jerks.  :P