News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Card ID Error

Started by Ayotte, November 21, 2010, 09:25:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ayotte

I understand that if two players don't have the same plugin, the card IDs don't match and players see the wrong card while playing.

Just now, my opponent and I checked, and we both had the most up-to-date plugin.  However, a few cards displayed wrong: Swamp as Magus of the Arena, Wheel of Fate as Heroes Remembered, Small Pox as Llanowar Mentor, and Damnation as Bogardan Hellkite.  All these cards are from Time Spiral block, including his Swamps.

Trevor

Tell me the exact autodupate url they are both using.

Ayotte

he's gone.  I'm using the one that comes up when I select it in game: angelfire.com/funky/magiclackey/medium/updatelist.txt

Galentrask

The problem is still happenning. My opponent and I don't see the same cards when playing.

Alastair

If you're not seeing the same cards the most likely cause is that you're not using the same version of the plugin. One of you is using the medium for example while the other is using the low or high. If the creator of the plugin doesn't maintain the same order for each version, then the user ends up with this sort of error.

Trevor

Quote from: Alastair on November 21, 2010, 02:27:27 PM
If you're not seeing the same cards the most likely cause is that you're not using the same version of the plugin. One of you is using the medium for example while the other is using the low or high. If the creator of the plugin doesn't maintain the same order for each version, then the user ends up with this sort of error.
There are no problems with one player using medium and the other player using high (assuming the plugin maker didn't do something stupid).

By different versions of the plugin, I mean that one plugin has more cards than the other.

Also remember that after you update your plugin, you need to relaunch for the changes to take effect.

Ayotte

We both already had logged since downloading the most recent plugin.

Ayotte

Happened again.  Both me and my opponent have the most recent update.  My p3k Plains and Swamps were turned into Raise Deads and Serpent Warriors respectively.  Once again the mixed up cards are in the same set.

We both use the angelfire update url, but he uses high and I use medium quality.

TookieWilliams

I was teh person ayotte mentioned in the first post I was using high and appearently he was using medium.  I just updated again and now there is another update so hopefuly this will fix it.

Trevor

Quote from: TookieWilliams on November 22, 2010, 01:27:07 AM
I was teh person ayotte mentioned in the first post I was using high and appearently he was using medium.  I just updated again and now there is another update so hopefuly this will fix it.
Let me know if it fixes it. Check to see if you have the same total number of cards in your deck editor's library.

Ayotte

We did check during the game, and we did have the same number of cards.

Ayotte

It happened again.  Both of us have the most up to date plugin.  He is using high and I use medium.  Once again the card I see is in the same block as the card it should be: Virulent Sliver to tsts Mystic Enforcer

Picks-at-Flies

If you haven't done so, it's worth both of you moving your plugins/magic/sets/setimages and plugins/magic/decks folders elsewhere (but nothing else in the plugins/magic folder);  as well as the whole folder for other plugins;  then completely deleting your Lackey folder and reinstalling.  Once you have downloaded Magic again, you can put back the copied folders to restore your images and decks.

Trevor

Oh, I know what's going on. It isn't a bug. Delete all the txt files in your sets/ folder and then run autoupdate.  Likely, only one of you needs to do this, but you both can to make sure. Make sure you relaunch after you autoupdate to redowmload the card txt files.