News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

If you were wondering what those weird lines were...

Started by Trevor, November 20, 2010, 04:34:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trevor

The latest version of lackey, 11-20-10 and on, have lines on both the Game tab and the Server tab, right to the left of the "x" button that will disconnect you from the game or server respectively.

These lines will cycle from | to / to - to \ to | to / to - to \ and back to |. They are meant to look like one line spinning. It's crude animation with ASCII characters.

This line turns whenever you receive network activity. I put these in to help me see if and how often network activity is received. This is helping me debug the current networking bugs. Since it turns every time you receive a message, and the host sends a pulse every 10 seconds, if you don't see it move a bit every 10 seconds, there is something likely wrong.

So in case you were wondering what those were, that's what they are. I may keep them in when all the bugs are fixed, or I may take them out.

TookieWilliams

I see you said no need to report networking bugs but idk if you ment this.  The line is spinning in game and forum but i cannot see what my opponent is typing i check main room and see that he asks if i can see what hes typing in game i try to reply no and it freezes.  By freezes i mean i can type my message and press enter but no message showin up in main room all the while the line still spins.  I hope thats of some use to you.