News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

my wishlist

Started by lsaduym, August 30, 2010, 10:56:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lsaduym

Ok so my last post didn't work. How about this.

Could you make it so we can register our names in game to an email address? That would make a big difference.

Also,

1) I find that doing backspace in any of the text windows is really slow, and you can't do the usual text shortcuts. So if I type a full sentence to someone in the chat, and then I need to erase it all, I can't just quickly backspace over it all, or do shift home or anything. So I'd love some tweaks to that.

2) I would love to be able to zoom in with the mouse wheel, zooming in to lists of cards. So when you click library and you see your whole library, if you could zoom in to spread them out and see them better, that could make finding a specific card a bit quicker.

3) Could you make a proper turn based system? It seems that most people don't even use the steps within a turn. So their turn just becomes one big blur, and you end up with people playing their stuff and then clicking next turn on to me, when actually I wanted to counter one of their spells or kill one of their creatures or something, while it was still on their turn. I know you can use the steps, but it seems a bit wishy washy because it doesn't actually pause or anything. I would like to see it formalised so that each player has to click OK to go to the next turn, and you can set up stops when you want it to stop. Have a key shortcut to OK so people can skip through it quickly, and have shortcuts to just skip the rest of your step when there is nothing you can do. That's the way it works in MTGO.

4) The only other stuff I would ever want from this game would be for it to keep track of the game like MTGO does, but I'm assuming that would be far too difficult to do, and too much to expect. Maybe if you can get some funding or something, from donations or charge people to use this.

I'm impressed though with what you have here.

Alastair

Login names and passwords are part of the new version which underwent its first test earlier today. #1 would be very nice but isn't in the test version I was given so not sure if Trevor is working on that or not. #2, there already is the ability to zoom and change views, etc... I'd have to hunt up the short cuts for it as I don't remember them off the top of my head.

#3 and #4 however are really beyond the scope of what Lackey is I feel. It's a table top environment meant for a wide variety of games. If your opponent is rushing through their turn, you need to do just like in RL and ask them to slow down.

lsaduym

Hey thanks for the reply, great news about the login names! :)

Also regarding number 1, I realised that you can just drag your mouse over the text to highlight and it then retype, so that's no big deal anymore now that I can do that. As for the other two, I would love to see them at some point. I play MTGO and it's amazing that such an official version of the official product by the masters themselves, Wizards of the Coast, is such a crappily made client. It's really flaky and full of bugs and it has no special effects or anything. So this Lackey thing isn't that far away from the real thing! Makes me think that with those extra features it could bring in some of the thousands of people who play MTGO daily. But if not, never mind, it's still very good as it is already.

And you are right about the players. I think I just came across a bad egg or two. The other games I've played have been fantastic, and my opponents were really great to play with.

p.s. Do you have a donations system set up? If not, you should for sure. Paypal.

TheBuck

glad to hear the new ver is in the testing phase. I just hope I can play once again.

Ham

I also remember there being a shortcut key combination or mouse button+key combination to do a sort of quick zoom, but I can't remember it either. Could you find anything, Alastair?

As for #3, I agree that it's a bit unnecessary for Lackey.

I usually don't use the phase buttons unless I am doing something specific during one of my non-main phase steps. It did take a while to get used to after using the other MTG programs, but I like it better now.

If I have an effect at the end of their turn, I just wait till they pass the turn and say EOT, _____. This is what I see many other people doing as well.

And if it's an effect during their upkeep or draw step, I just tell them I have something to play during whichever step before I pass the turn.

And most people I've played here are pretty nice, so asking to back up if they speed through the phase you wanted to play in isn't a big deal.