News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Card Images with the newest Magic plugin

Started by Mandurang, July 28, 2010, 12:06:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mandurang

Hello,

Since the latest Magic plugin update, namely Magic 2011, I and my friend have encountered the following problem: When we are playing a game, no matter what version of a card we have used to construct our deck, for the opponent it always displays the newer version of the card. Simple example: I use a Forest from the Zendikar version (the art of which I really like) but when I play it, my opponent sees the Magic 2011 version of it, and vice-versa for me.

What is more, whenever I perform any operation on said card, be it tap it, move it to some other place on the playing area, or whatnot, the image changes to the newer version for my opponent too (who originally had the image of the version he used). As the cards from the newer version are of medium quality, this results in some of the cards being shown in different sizes than the rest.

If it is as simple as making the newer cards be the "default" version of the card, then is there a way to disable that feature?

Thanks very much for the help.

Cronos

Same problem here. if anyone can do something pls go ahead :)

Trevor

Lackey loads the latest image of a card when it loads it remotely. This wouldn't be annoying if that plugin had large images for 2011. I thought I heard the high version of that plugin would be updated soon to have good versions of 2011. Until then, there is an option in the appearence preferences to stretch the card image to the standard size.

Mandurang

Quote from: Trevor on July 28, 2010, 03:25:48 PM
Lackey loads the latest image of a card when it loads it remotely. This wouldn't be annoying if that plugin had large images for 2011. I thought I heard the high version of that plugin would be updated soon to have good versions of 2011. Until then, there is an option in the appearence preferences to stretch the card image to the standard size.

I am pretty sure that up until now we were able, both of us, to play with older versions of cards (like the older full-card picture lands of the Zendikar version), and they'd still appear to both sides of the board as their original artwork rather than changing to the latest version (i.e. RoE, for instance). It's only the latest plugin that messed this situation up. I wonder if there is anything I can do to undo that.