News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Account deleted?

Started by Altik_0, July 23, 2010, 04:14:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Altik_0

So, this is something like the fourth time I've had to remake my account on this forum. I don't know if this is because I'm inactive and accounts that don't post so often are deleted, or what, but I'd just like to know, for future reference.

Also, if it's not supposed to be happening, a fix might be nice. I like coming by here every once in a while when I find a bug, but I don't find them often enough to justify constantly checking up on the site and keeping up activity. :/

briggs

Can you PM your previous account names?

Trevor

I think Alastair said he was going to prune some inactive accounts. I don't know what criteria he used. I think he'll see this post and perhaps change the criteria so people don't get accounts deleted for not being very active. But I agree that very inactive accounts should be deleted. I think many accounts that are inactive may be bots.

Altik_0

Trevor: Okay, that's just fine - I completely understand the desire to clean out bots. I just wanted to make sure there wasn't something bad going on, deleting peoples' accounts.

briggs: I've used the same username each time.

Trevor

I don't know what algorithm Alastair used to cull accounts.

Alastair

I haven't had a chance yet to do the full cleaning of accounts. At this time the only ones I've manually deleted were spam bots with junk links in their profile or the rarer case of posting spam links. If your account has been getting deleted multiple times, I'll look into it. Message me with the account name or names.

PS: Just did a cross reference of your IP and the ones that I've been deleting which were spam bots, no matches. So again, it's probably something we need to look into.

zirilan

I had to re-register my account too, it was gone. At first I thought I had forget my password. After inserting my email to get a new password it said none such account??