News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

carddata.txt and other problems

Started by Odinwolf, June 28, 2010, 03:29:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Odinwolf

Hey folks... new to Lackey and trying to complete my first plugin. I've noticed that you can download a carddata.txt file and then edit it to include all the information for the cards, but nowhere in the plugin creation tutorial or in any of the help threads that I've seen, can I see where carddata.txt goes in the heirarchy. I've tried several locations and while the game will load my plugin and show the cardback, when I go into the deck builder it does not show any of my cards in the list.

Can someone help me out? Where does carddata.txt go? Is there a trick to get my cards to appear in the deck builder?

Adalam

carddata.txt usually goes into the Sets folder, where you will also put your images.

Cyrus

It goes in the sets folder, which usually also includes a folder called "setimages" as shown here:

The problem here is that he has carddata.txt named setinfo.txt. There needs to be an overhaul of the plugin creation tutorial to get everything to be named the same way, but I'm guessing he has bigger fish to fry for now.

Odinwolf

Acording to that image, it appears the setinfo.txt is in the setimages folder, not the sets folder. So which one should I have it in?

If I upload the plugin someplace, would you be willing to explain what I am doing wrong?

EDIT: download the work-in-progress here: http://www.filedropper.com/lolccg

Cyrus

its actually on the same line as the setimages folder, meaning its in the sets folder. regardless, if you upload it i'll take a look at it

Cyrus

edit: nvm, got it. looking at the plugin now

Cyrus

Well, also because of the needed re-vamping of the plugin tutorial, you were using the old plugin format. However, upgrading to the new format did not seem to help, and attempting to use the old one crashed my lackey over and over. So, I'm going to keep looking at this tomorrow but to be honest I expected this to be a quick fix and I have to run so I don't have the time to fix it up right now. My plugin was having this same problem that I'm getting with yours until I went through it really thoroughly so I can probably fix it. Sorry I ran out of time today though

Odinwolf

Thanks man. I really appreciate the help. No worries about waiting until tomorrow to get it fixed. It's not like I'm paying you. I just appreciate that you are helping me out. I'll keep my eye on this thread tomorrow and hopefully you can find where I went wrong. Thanks again.

Odinwolf

Sorry for double-post. I tried several times this morning to make adjustments and I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong still.

Trevor

This is the problem:

COLUMN0:"Name"   1
COLUMN1:"Set"   1
COLUMN2:"ImageFile"   0
COLUMN3:"Type"   1
COLUMN4:"Cost"   1
COLUMN7:"Offense"   1

You don't have COLUMN5. In any case, you should use the newer plugin format.

Odinwolf

Good catch! Thanks. I'll give that a try today.

So where do I get the new plugin format? I pulled all the stuff I was working with from the tutorial, which I guess is out of date now.

Odinwolf

Ok, I got the cards to show up in the deck editor but I have a new question.

Is there a way to make players always start with specific cards in their hands? So for instance, players always start with a specific card X or all cards with type Y in their hands? If not, is there an easy manual way for players to do that without revealing their decks to the other players?

Thanks!

Trevor

Quote from: Odinwolf on June 30, 2010, 04:27:39 PM
Ok, I got the cards to show up in the deck editor but I have a new question.

Is there a way to make players always start with specific cards in their hands? So for instance, players always start with a specific card X or all cards with type Y in their hands? If not, is there an easy manual way for players to do that without revealing their decks to the other players?

Thanks!
That is what superzones are for. Superzones are to separate cards at the start of your deck. There is no auto-sorting by type, but you can put cards of a specific type in it.

Trevor

Quote from: Odinwolf on June 30, 2010, 09:35:03 AM
Good catch! Thanks. I'll give that a try today.

So where do I get the new plugin format? I pulled all the stuff I was working with from the tutorial, which I guess is out of date now.
It's pretty intuitive. I suggest you just look at an example of the new format and things should be obvious. Ask in the forum if you have questions.