News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Kingdom at War ccg thread

Started by Dragoon, June 11, 2010, 09:42:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Typherion

I just want to say that I really like the flavor of this game that I've seen so far.

It gives a similar vibe to George Martin's "A Game of Thrones" novels.

I think the concept of imposters is fantastic. Have you considered letting the imposter character remove its imposter counter if the original is killed?

Dragoon

Quote from: Typherion on November 13, 2010, 03:34:42 AM
I just want to say that I really like the flavor of this game that I've seen so far.

It gives a similar vibe to George Martin's "A Game of Thrones" novels.

I think the concept of imposters is fantastic. Have you considered letting the imposter character remove its imposter counter if the original is killed?

It was very inspired by a song of fire and ice.

Also, imposters will stay imposters. However, Feryn (and some neutrals) will have cards able of switching imposter tokens.

There will be an update later this week.

Dragoon

Reworked Resource System

Influence costs is now handled differently.

To pay a cost, you move said amount of influence from your stash or from cards you command to your thrash. Then, place an amount of influence on the card equal to it's personal influence. After that, you may move any number of influence from cards or your stash to the played card.

During your 'resource phase', you gain 1 influence, then move all influence from your thrash to your stash. After that, you may move any number of influence on cards you command to your stash or influence from your stash to cards you command.

When a character takes damage, it loses that amount of influence.

Characters with 0 influence are discarded from play directly.

More information + pics will follow later (not on my pc with cards right now)

Cyrus

I like the mechanic but not sure on the terminology. Why would having no Influence cause a warrior to die? The only influence he needs to have on the battlefield is the weight of his axe :D

Dragoon

Quote from: Cyrus on December 14, 2010, 12:48:57 PM
I like the mechanic but not sure on the terminology. Why would having no Influence cause a warrior to die? The only influence he needs to have on the battlefield is the weight of his axe :D

Terminology is a bit annoying, but as you said, a warrior needs weapons to have influence on the battlefield, so influence can come from and for very different things. However, if you have a better suggestion, feel free to tell.

Cyrus

Quote from: Dragoon on December 15, 2010, 09:44:00 AM
However, if you have a better suggestion, feel free to tell.

Of course not :P but if I think of anything I'll let you know

Dragoon

Small update:
Attack & Defense are now one stat: Strength. Done because there wasn't technically an attacker or defender.

Also, I finished the card layout :D Only need to improve some small stuff and finish the land card template (Which I save for the very last)

I will try to write a strategy article this weekend, when I aren't playing the rift beta, that is.

Dragoon

Sorry for the slow updates... (The unhealty combination of school and DoW2 beta)

Anyway, here is the final (I hope) character layout. Hope you like it!

I will try to give layouts of the other card types tomorrow. But I can't promise it.

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

Dragoon

Back from the dead! I hope.

Anyway, attached is the combat stuff from my rulebook. Hope you like it.

More info will follow.

Dragoon

Minor update to turn structure:

A turn is broken down in 6 phases, with the player whose turn it currently is as refered to the active player:

1. Event Phase
The active player readies all of his/her enemies. Then he/she reveals the top card of his/her event deck. If it's an event card, put it on the bottom of the event deck. If it's an enemy or an objective, put it into play exerted.

2. Enemy Phase
For each palyer, check if an ready enemy you have can become agressed. An enemy can become agressed if it's agression value is equal or less than the player's faction influence. Enemies with lower agression values become agressed first. If a player has an agressed enemy, no more enemies become agressed towards him. Enemies can attack their owner. - See enemy combat.

3. Conflict Phase
Conflicts are fought in this phase. Conflicts can either be against other players, or against enemies. - See combat and enemy combat.

4. Supply Phase
Do the following:
Add 1 influence token to a location you command.
Ready all exerted cards you command.
Draw two cards.

5. Marshalling Phase
The active player may play character and attachment cards from his hand. Those cards may exert immedetly.

6. End Phase
Effects are cleaned up.

Actions
Any player may take any actions at any moment during any turn. Exception are timed actions and battle actions. These may only be used at the said timing.

Also, working at the very final version of card layout. Hope to show it this week.

Dragoon

CARDS!

Attachment, Character, and Strategy card.

Dragoon

After the playtest with my gaming group, it turns out I have to fix stuff.. A lot of stuff..

Will post new draft rules later this week..

cap.tiny

where do you get your card art? I am trying to figure out card art for my game I think i will start a new thread for my game one that is a bit more "inviting". after reading this thread yours is very intriguing, so i need to work on my presentation and maybe i can get more people on my game to help me.

I really want to play this game when it is ready to play

Dragoon

Quote from: cap.tiny on May 18, 2011, 12:35:29 PM
where do you get your card art? I am trying to figure out card art for my game I think i will start a new thread for my game one that is a bit more "inviting". after reading this thread yours is very intriguing, so i need to work on my presentation and maybe i can get more people on my game to help me.

I really want to play this game when it is ready to play

I gather art from deviantart mostly and some fantart sites (blizzard has some EXCELLENT fanart) But you need to look out for not getting unauthorized artwork or copyrighted work.

Template is made using gimp (it's free!) & cards are made by using MSE.

Any feedback on the game?

cap.tiny

oh ya i know about the copyright laws VERY well, I have spent 1.5 years in independent study about the the copy__ (right, left..) laws. and its actually ok to use ANYTHING as long as you dont make ANY profit on it at all in any tangible form.

ya i know gimp.. i just aint skilled at all

Blizzard? havent heard of that site yet....

and as for feedback i like to play before any feedback... but it looks awesome so far would love to test play...

wish somebody could help on my plugin for my game so it can be test played by the community.. but thats another thread another time  ..